Out of contract players

3 hours ago, Andycarp said:

Money as always will decide what happens. 

You are correct, and it's what annoys me the most tbh. 

Next year there's every chance we'll have the highest amount of ticket revenue, we average over a thousand more tickets sold than most sides in this division, this should also mean that commercially we meat parity, if not more revenue than the other sides? 

So why would we not have one of, if not the biggest budget in the league? If it's about money then why are we not challenging for the title? We can't even claim it's due to financial doping by rich owners if we're posting seven figure losses, where's the money going? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

You are correct, and it's what annoys me the most tbh. 

Next year there's every chance we'll have the highest amount of ticket revenue, we average over a thousand more tickets sold than most sides in this division, this should also mean that commercially we meat parity, if not more revenue than the other sides? 

So why would we not have one of, if not the biggest budget in the league? If it's about money then why are we not challenging for the title? We can't even claim it's due to financial doping by rich owners if we're posting seven figure losses, where's the money going? 

The only positive argument on where’s the money going is that we’ll suddenly have a world class academy which will fund itself as well as a good first team.

I’m far from convinced that will work.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The only positive argument on where’s the money going is that we’ll suddenly have a world class academy which will fund itself as well as a good first team.

I’m far from convinced that will work.

I don't think thats ever been a claim out with stuff I'm being told halfwits are posting on dotnet. Not a dig at you. Its about being sustainable. People get a bit carried away.

Its a training facility to bring everyone together 1st through the different ages levels (or academy). The short fall is we aren't paying to use other facilities so that should pay the losses after 3/4 years (on my assumption) on charges elsewhere and that the facilities will pay for themselves in the long run, the hope is bring players through for the 1st team and then hopefully creating players we can sell on.

We are also looking to bring in other young players to move on (KRH, Otto and Fisher as examples). 

The assumption of a world class academy your right it will fail, we aren't Liverpool, Man city, Man u etc.... Rangers MK2 and Celtic can't do with even more money.

Edited by Al k
Added words

10 hours ago, Grant said:

A thousand more tickets sold could amount in real terms to diddly-squat if most of them are concessions or kids. I’d be very surprised anyway if the income from ticket sales makes much of a difference in terms of underpinning / financing squad purchases. Diversification is the key in this difficult financial climate: hence the Fan Zone initiative, the selling of the Stadium naming rights, the creation of a training ground to offset continuing costs, etc. Like it or lump it (unless we want to run the risk of heading back to administration) we’ve got to accept that it may take a few more seasons before we are a viable force both on and off the field and able to mount a sustained challenge. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

A thousand more tickets sold could amount in real terms to diddly-squat if most of them are concessions or kids. I’d be very surprised anyway if the income from ticket sales makes much of a difference in terms of underpinning / financing squad purchases. 

Like it or lump it (unless we want to run the risk of heading back to administration) we’ve got to accept that it may take a few more seasons before we are a viable force both on and off the field and able to mount a sustained challenge. 

Couldn't disagree more with that mate, You'd be surprised if the income from ticket sales makes much of a difference? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/SC2

We get over double the amount of spectators than half the league, within that aswell we have one of the larger Hospitality facilities in the league which also helps, but it won't make much of a difference? If that's the case then slash the prices and let everyone in free. 

I disagree with the final paragraph aswell, why should it take a few seasons to be a viable force on the field? Raith went from 7th last year to genuine title contenders, the only reason it should take a few more seasons to be contenders is if we're mis-managing the football side of the club. 

• Upvote 2

The training facility was paid for by Grants and a loan from Gmbh Fussball, not from the clubs cash reserves. So the playing budget wasn't competing with the training facility. 

Tbf it's looking good so far and hopefully pay dividends longer term. Suppose it's about how we fund the next phase and balance that against financing everything else we're responsible for, which is why consecutive losses worry me.

Balancing budget whilst keeping aspiration in check is the key.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

The training facility was paid for by Grants and a loan from Gmbh Fussball, not from the clubs cash reserves. So the playing budget wasn't competing with the training facility. 

If the playing budget hasn’t been impacted by the training facility/academy/off-field staff/paying compensation so we can bring in young players that fit the vision or anything else that’s been brought in since fussball  came then why the **** are we being told to accept arsing around in the championship much closer to the relegation playoff than having a promotion capable team?

17 hours ago, Andycarp said:

Money as always will decide what happens. All players under contract will be kept unless someone wants to buy them. We can't afford to get rid of players mid-contract so we will again try to add to what we have through loans. Unfortunately, we are stuck with players such as McCann and Wighton who have already shown they cannot cut it in the championship. Todd and Sutherland will get their chance this season.

Unfortunately the club have shot themselves in the foot with having guys signed up for next year who are t good enough. If we can’t move them on it’ll be another season of tinkering around the bottom 

6 hours ago, Grant said:

We get over double the amount of spectators than half the league, within that aswell we have one of the larger Hospitality facilities in the league which also helps, but it won't make much of a difference? If that's the case then slash the prices and let everyone in free. 

Not arguing with your figures: and, yes, many clubs would give their eye teeth for our level of support. All I’m saying is that the income from the turnstiles is not going to significantly fund the playing squad; it’s just another contributory factor. That’s not to say that we should let people in for free. That would just be daft. “Mony a mickle maks a muckle” is how it goes.

For the coming transfer window it’s not so much the total player budget but more the available amount of player budget. The majority of the squad is already signed for next season, a big advantage coming after a good season but not so much when we need to improve by at least 8 points (assuming playoffs as the minimum target for next season).

I think we need at least 4 players to improve the starting 11 but I’m not sure we would have the available cash, given the priority being placed on the training ground.