Pink Boots

Mr Mac

Pink boots are just wrong.  In fact, many of the coloured boots you see are just wrong.  I mean, I know its meant to be fashionable and all that, but some of the combo's you see these days are truly awful.  Imagine wearing pink boots with orange socks for example, or green socks, wouldnt be seen dead like that on the dancefloor, would you?  So why?  Why would you it? 

Premier League players tend to get new boots for each game, you'd think they could co-ordinate their boots to match their kits?  

I have to agree, I'm not a fan of coloured boots. I grew up with black boots:  everyone wanted Puma King or Adidas World Cups with Bryan Robson shin guards....

I used to have the Bryan Robson shinpads.

If I remember, they were made my Sondico?  And they had a black shell front to them with the ankle protectors?  They would have been the first ones that were available to buy like that?

Yeah they are the very ones and i think you're right about Sondico making them, bought the only pair on shin guards I ever had before I saw them and was gutted. 

Having said that sondico got enough money out of me (and my parents) for Goalie gloves!

Hate coloured boots. Buying black boots is nigh on impossible nowadays unless you spend £80 on World Cups or £75 on Puma Kings. 

Even then, they aren't really fit for every role On the pitch. I'm a great believers in Nike's philosophy that different positions require different boots.

Seeing young kids wearing those ridiculous Nike things that weight about 0.002g gives me rage. What sort of protection will they give you, especially as a defender where your expected to put your feet in where it hurts?

I'm glad my laddie agrees with me, and I've had to compromise a bit on his predators as they are about half and half red and black, but more importantly, they'll protect his feet.

its getting harder and harder to buy black boots now though unless you spend £160 on 'Blackout' versions of conventional styles. It's a nightmare as a parent tbh.

I remember reading that when Tony Pullis was at Stoke you weren't allowed to wear coloured boots until you were part of the first team squad.

I remember something similar to that too.  

He's quite right though.  You are there to do a job, not strut about like you are on a catwalk, its football, not a fashion show.

That's the rule at most academies to be honest. Fife Elite for example has quite strict rules on this sort of stuff. Your boots must be black, and you must also have a white pair of trainers to wear to games, with your club tracksuit.

Archived