Jean Yves M'voto OwoNOOOOO!

ExxyJj

Not a stellar signing but not a disaster. 

I hear Badstuber is leaving Bayern at the end of the month.  This is the quality of player we should be attracting, right?  A World Cup winner signing as a freebie, would that be stellar enough? 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing like giving the big fella a chance, eh? He's not kicked a ball for us yet and folk on here are saying he's fish.

Remember McAusland after one game? I think he can do a job for us. Might signal the end of the road for Callum Fordyce though as Lewis Martin still has another year on his contract. 

People have seen him play and formed an opinion based on that, which is what football fans generally do, I don't think anyone is not giving him a chance and I'm pretty sure everyone who hasn't been impressed with him previously would be quite happy for him to do well.

Nothing like giving the big fella a chance, eh? He's not kicked a ball for us yet and folk on here are saying he's fish.

Remember McAusland after one game? I think he can do a job for us. Might signal the end of the road for Callum Fordyce though as Lewis Martin still has another year on his contract. 

People have seen him play and formed an opinion based on that, which is what football fans generally do, I don't think anyone is not giving him a chance and I'm pretty sure everyone who hasn't been impressed with him previously would be quite happy for him to do well.

I don't imagine many Pars fans will have seen him play many games other than against Pars... and as Pars are by far the superior team, he will have been made to look like a diddy.

The clips of the play off game at Starks didn't really do him justice, however, he was in a poor team anyway.  Many players improve (perhaps "step up their game" is the better phrase) simply by being around better players.

''People have seen him play and formed an opinion based on that, which is what football fans generally do, I don't think anyone is not giving him a chance and I'm pretty sure everyone who hasn't been impressed with him previously would be quite happy for him to do well.''

I hear what you're saying, FE, but it's a bit irritating to read such negativity about our most recent signing as soon as the news broke. I'm all for fans having an opinion but if he was as bad as some folk make out, why has AJ moved for him?

I might be in a minority of one here, but it took a penalty for us to beat the Rovers at EEP last time out and I thought at the time that M'voto was the main reason we struggled so much.

^^This

I saw us play Rovers twice last season, and have to say I was impressed by him on both occasions.  I thought Wedderburn was going to be a flop, so shows what I know.  Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.  Perhaps he will be the centrepiece of a new 3-5-2 formation?

I saw us play Rovers twice last season, and have to say I was impressed by him on both occasions.  I thought Wedderburn was going to be a flop, so shows what I know.  Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.  Perhaps he will be the centrepiece of a new 3-5-2 formation?

Not a chance. M'Voto will be backup to Morris and Ashcroft, nothing more.

Not a chance. M'Voto will be backup to Morris and Ashcroft, nothing more.

AJ actually says in his interview that he will give him the option to change formations. I'd imagine he sees him as the central centre back, with Morris and Ashcroft either side in that scenario.

L I can imagine that Rovers fans will be raging that the man who effectively relegated them has signed for the Townies. 

Exactly! Come in Agent M'Voto, mission complete :-)

Those mistakes against Brechin were indeed horrendous (although I thought the keeper might have done more on the first one) but he did at least score from a set piece, so maybe that's something we'll see improve next term.

Best of luck to him, and hopefully the point above re Wedderburn applies here too.

Don't think you've thought that through @Vinnie... the wages alone would be a bit of an issue. If he's available and wants to take a pay cut though, we should get him in on trial... 

There I go again, getting ahead of myself, and spending money weve not yet earned... perhaps I should call myself Gav instead of Vinnie? 

Alternatively, maybe we should put a call in to his agent, we could play on in conscience, we'll pay enough to cover his rent on a two-bed semi in Abbeyview, cos the boy is likely a millionaire anyway and doesnt need our cash? 

Vinnie, there you go again splashing the cash. Badstuber is married but has no kids so a one bedroom flat would be enough and his wife speaks English so if they wanted to top up their money a wee bit she could maybe get a part time job selling the pies at EEP on a Saturday.

Archived