Why Trump Is The Way He Is?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

This theory from an American Economist does sound too far from the truth to me. 

An interesting read for those who want grown up stuff on here

Just to clarify did you mean "doesn't" sound far from the truth?

Assuming so, I agree. The notion that he sees every transaction as a win or a loss is pretty compelling. He's a danger to us all, frankly.

1 minute ago, SanguinePar said:

Just to clarify did you mean "doesn't" sound far from the truth?

Assuming so, I agree. The notion that he sees every transaction as a win or a loss is pretty compelling. He's a danger to us all, frankly.

I did mean "doesn't". 

Thing is, as far as Americans are concerned, he says he'll protect their interests and so far, everything he's doing for their benefit, and it all seems like wins for him and his team.  Americans are quite insular, so perhaps they simply don't have the worldly views of other nationalities who are looking in?

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I did mean "doesn't". 

Thing is, as far as Americans are concerned, he says he'll protect their interests and so far, everything he's doing for their benefit, and it all seems like wins for him and his team.  Americans are quite insular, so perhaps they simply don't have the worldly views of other nationalities who are looking in?

To be fair, 3 million more people voted against him than for. I follow a lot of the Trump stuff on Reddit and there are many, many Americans all too aware and utterly appalled by his behaviour and how it reflects on their country.

I just hope Bob Mueller gets to finish the job and nails that orange tyrant to the wall.

On 6 June 2018 at 20:38, SanguinePar said:

To be fair, 3 million more people voted against him than for. I follow a lot of the Trump stuff on Reddit and there are many, many Americans all too aware and utterly appalled by his behaviour and how it reflects on their country.

I just hope Bob Mueller gets to finish the job and nails that orange tyrant to the wall.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think he is there for the full eight years - perhaps beyond.

The warning sign when was when Palin entered the fray. I didn't think that they would sink to the level of Trump so quickly.

If he is forced out it will make things worse, not better.

12 hours ago, Teuchter said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think he is there for the full eight years - perhaps beyond.

I thought that you could only do two terms?

Although, while he's President, I can see him trying to change that.

47 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Exactly.This is Trump we are talking about.

Roosevelt won four terms  - the constitution was only changed after this.

I can see Trump quoting the film "Coming To America" to make such a change. 

On 07/06/2018 at 21:15, Teuchter said:

The warning sign when was when Palin entered the fray. I didn't think that they would sink to the level of Trump so quickly.

If he is forced out it will make things worse, not better.

I don't think he'll get 8 unless he goes even further with rigging the system than he already has. The Dems need a solid candidate to take him on, but if they can find one, and it's a reasonably fair election I think Trump will get his ass handed to him.

On the other hand, I also think there's a reasonable chance he'll not make it through the 4 years, whether that's because of impeachment/resignation, ill health or even assassination (hey NSA, to be clear, I'm not calling for that, just discussing the possibility. We good?)

I hope he faces the full force of justice, and that he sees jail before this is all over. Fingers crossed for a blue wave in November and a return to the checks and balances that are meant to stop this sort of would-be tyrant before it's too late.

How anyone in the States can seriously defend a guy who goes out of his way to antagonise their allies and cosy up to Russia is absolutely beyond me. 

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

How anyone in the States can seriously defend a guy who goes out of his way to antagonise their allies and cosy up to Russia is absolutely beyond me. 

He promised to shake up politics and hes done exactly that. He has come good on promises. That buys him credit.

Hes changed the news cycle every day or so, yesterdays screw up is forgotten. He stood up to North Korea and thats a big win, its a show of American strength. Hes bought more credit that the odd slip up can be forgotten.

Republicans hold all the power in Congress too and force through policy quickly rather than the delays Obama faced as a Democrat fighting Republicans. Trump is the figurehead Americans see making changes quickly and apparently decisively.... its what you expect of your President - swift action, a show of power and strength. 

To follow on from what Vinnie has said, putting aside his supporters, there are a lot of folk in the middle who won't care less how much of a roaster he is. As long as the stock market is rising and the economy is not plummeting they will be fine with that whether they voted him in or not. He is somebody who is perceived as standing up for the U.S. against foreign powers  which will be playing well also. Above all, the U.S. Is not plummeting into a dystopian nightmare as far as the comfortable class majority are  concerned. There is also no point denying that there are some utter twats on the left who make Trump seem attractive to run of the mill voters.

If he is removed by any other means outside of a decisive election defeat then this is no help to anyone. Undermining the president by any means possible will become the new norm and Democrats will be in no place to govern effectively. At worst it would further stoke the flames towards civil war - which is actually no longer inconceivable. If you want to nip the trend towards tyranny then the ballot box is the only way to do it.

"How anyone in the States can seriously defend a guy who goes out of his way to antagonise their allies and cosy up to Russia is absolutely beyond me."

Where do you want to start? There are the religious fanatics with all the intellectual curiosity of medeaval peasants and an unswerving belief in an all powerful deity who they believe to be on their side. There are the right wing fanatics who believe that he is draining the swamp (as opposed to ****eing in it daily). 

Above all, he didn't rig the election, he won it fair and square under the accepted rules. He is the president, and is of no doubt a real danger, but if he is removed by any means other than by ballot then the country will become increasingly ungovernable.

Talk of putting him in jail just reminds me of the "lock her up" chants at Trump rallies.

I am not entirely sure that a solid candidate would hand Trump his ass. It is the kind of misplaced confidence evident before Brexit and Trump's own election.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Would appear hes at it again... Fallen out with G7.

His news cycle will call the other G7 leeches and parasites that hang on to the coat tails of the US (or some such analogy) and that Americans have been disadvantaged for far too long.

It wouldnt surprise me at all if the G7 go grovelling to him.

Archived