Woodmill HS Fire

25 minutes ago, Superally said:

Apparently they have a arrested a 14/15 yr old kid for the damage. Its a shame he wasn't 16 he could have done some serious jail time

...if he is found guilty...

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Big headache for the council if you have 1000 plus kids to reschool?

1400 apparently. Nightmare.

I think Woodmill was in line for a refit and/or rebuild soon anyway.  I guess this will progress those plans ahead of others?

Kids are expecting to be off for a week.  Wont be easy to sort portacabins as makeshift classrooms, if thats the route the council choose.

2nd degree arson is a worrying thing for a child so young. I would imagine the parents will be frantic. Where do you put a 14 year old kid who has done this? Think this lad will need some kind of background reports from a shrink. Sociopathic behaviour can lead to crimes much worse, as has been proven in adolescence. 

18 hours ago, Superally said:

Sadly not a very bright Kid it seems, announced his triumph on Instagram thinking it would be hilarious if the kids were off for the next two months. Guilty

That's not actually true. The kid who made that post on Snapchat wasn't the one who did it. Was he involved? Who knows, but the Police haven't arrested anyone else so it looks like an  idiot, for reasons best known to himself, was trying to claim 'credit'.  

The kids mum posted on facebook saying that wasn't him, apologising profusely for what he's done and he has also posted himself making an apology for the whole thing last night, and he clearly knows what he's done and how serious this is.

Reading his mums post I did feel sorry for her. It's easy to blame the parents but it happened on a Sunday afternoon, so she would have had no reason to know what he was up to, it's not like he was out all night. Also, it was his dad who took him in, so it seems like they have their heads screwed on at least. 

It's going to be an expensive lesson for him though. Silly laddie.

Well one thing I can say is, it's been proven how people leap to all sorts of conclusions when these sorts of things happen, as my daughter was getting bombarded with questions at school about why her brother set fire to the school because he shares our (fairly uncommon) surname.

Archived