OFW signs

23 hours ago, Piracy said:

Tony Hart if he's still alive or Mr Ratomski my art teacher from Queen Anne High School. 

Steve Ratomski, I mind him well. He took that excellent QAHS team which starred Maurice Malpas and Jim Dobbin along with another teacher with a Tom Selleck moustache - I think his name was Ally Hunter. That QA team got to the Scottish schools U-14 Cup Final. 

St Columba's, starring Kenny Ward, knocked them out of the Fife Times Cup semi-final at U-16 in a ding dong game, 4-3. Stevie and Ally weren't best pleased with the ref. Saints beat Inverkeithing 2-0 in the final. They had Gordon Durie and Craig Levein in their team, but weren't as good as QA.

On 06/08/2020 at 21:56, average white par said:

Stevie was my art teacher as well... great lad, as was Ross Reddie next door... having said that, the only O Grade I failed was Art & Design, which is no reflection on Stevie...

Even now, 35 years later, I'm still thoroughly pssed off about that...

I got an A. I was encouraged to stay on and go to Art College but I got a job, an apprenticeship actually. No regrets apart from feeling like I let my art teacher down by not going to Art College. 

I never draw or paint, and by all accounts I should. Cannae be ersed 🤣

Archived