Investors interview

Mr Mac

Yeah I watched it. 

I was at the ground last night to be introduced to the guys along with other fans who were invited from Ross. Mainly club volunteers and those who run supporters buses. 

Damir Keretic, Nick Teller and Thomas Meggle were all present. 

They all gave their individual introductions and how they came to end up at EEP. 

After that it was the usual questions from those attending. 

For example, what was their plans, did they have an exit strategy, would they be buying the ground eventually, where we with buying ground for the academy, a bit about encouraging diversity at the club, also what did they think of the last Saturday's result 😂

They didn't give any detail about an existing plan or how they plan to increase revenue. They said they were analysing the situation first, then more detail would be forthcoming.

They did say a training complex and academy were at the forefront of their plans.

They were excited about meeting the fans and becoming part of the community. 

They were in it for the long haul and their intentions were genuine. Their plans no matter what, would ensure sustainability. 

They were buying the ground to bring it all back under the one umbrella. 

To be honest it was an introductory exercise and given the time limits and the amount of people there, the questioning wasn't maybe as intrusive as it should have been. But that will come through time. 

It was said to them that if they didn't run the club properly the fans would be after them. 

yeah a friend of mine was there tonight as well.  Said the usual suspects were all there in terms of hangers on, some who previously spoke up for Masterton in 2013 and same faces that have been hanging around and blagged any comps and family freebies over last few seasons.  Some there who have also been doing the work but don't take the credit for it, as well as the complete opposite who just like to be seen front and centre and take all the credit on their behalf.  Germans will hopefully see through those quick enough.  Said the Germans spoke well enough, when they managed to get a word in.

11 minutes ago, InsidePar said:

yeah a friend of mine was there tonight as well.  Said the usual suspects were all there in terms of hangers on, some who previously spoke up for Masterton in 2013 and same faces that have been hanging around and blagged any comps and family freebies over last few seasons.  Some there who have also been doing the work but don't take the credit for it, as well as the complete opposite who just like to be seen front and centre and take all the credit on their behalf.  Germans will hopefully see through those quick enough.  Said the Germans spoke well enough, when they managed to get a word in.

Some absolute heroes at our club and also a few charlatans, including "legends". Hopefully the new investors will see things for what they are  and introduce a wee bit parity 

11 minutes ago, InsidePar said:

I wasn't there tonight but I was told it lasted around an hour, an hour less than last night. 

Hopefully these guys will get to grips with who adds value and who doesnt. 

Looking at their "CV's" the group are experienced business people who won't have the wool pulled over their eyes. I'm sure they will maintain the relationships with those who add value and manage those who don't out of their roles with the club. 

It may take time, especially so it can be done without negative impact on the club and the progress. But at the same time you don't get to the positions they have held by not addressing challenges! 

They have also been consistent in stating they see themselves as "custodians" and not owners which is exactly what we need to hear. Provided their actions are consistent with the principles we've heard about I can see good times ahead. 

Hopefully they will get the patience required and we should always remain vigilant to ensure the long term future of our club. 

I thought they came across well which they have done on all other occasions.  I didn’t really learn anything new though. In terms of the training ground and academy we must be talking millions of pounds to set up and then millions more each year to maintain? How are they financing this and also why? What is the end game and exit strategy? They mention numerous infrastructure improvements but other than the training ground and academy, which are medium to long term, don’t go into any specifics.

it would be good for an open meeting for fans to attend rather than a selected audience. If that can’t happen just now then a video with fans able to submit questions.

I am still positive about it all but still don’t understand why they want to sink in millions with no potential of a return.

31 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

I thought they came across well which they have done on all other occasions.  I didn’t really learn anything new though. In terms of the training ground and academy we must be talking millions of pounds to set up and then millions more each year to maintain? How are they financing this and also why? What is the end game and exit strategy? They mention numerous infrastructure improvements but other than the training ground and academy, which are medium to long term, don’t go into any specifics.

it would be good for an open meeting for fans to attend rather than a selected audience. If that can’t happen just now then a video with fans able to submit questions.

I am still positive about it all but still don’t understand why they want to sink in millions with no potential of a return.

Yeah a lot of unanswered questions. 

I wasn't invited! but glad that something has taken place to inform the faithful of the intention of the new investors and owners. I wouldn't expect at this stage all questions to be answered with any firm commitment as a lot will be in the planning stage and subject to change. However I would caution the club that Q&A sessions in front of a "select" audience wont bring forward the scrutiny you would expect with a wider crowd and I would be disappointed if this is the model used in the future. However, with Covid rules being relaxed a "Meet the Manager" evening would be welcomed  

3 minutes ago, Superally said:

I wasn't invited! but glad that something has taken place to inform the faithful of the intention of the new investors and owners. I wouldn't expect at this stage all questions to be answered with any firm commitment as a lot will be in the planning stage and subject to change. However I would caution the club that Q&A sessions in front of a "select" audience wont bring forward the scrutiny you would expect with a wider crowd and I would be disappointed if this is the model used in the future. However, with Covid rules being relaxed a "Meet the Manager" evening would be welcomed  

meet the manager nights are a complete waste of time

I attended the meeting on Wednesday and have to agree that we came away with not really learning anything new but this whole process will take time and hopefully in 10 years time we will be benefiting from what they put in place.

The training ground at the civil service could be a done deal next month according to one of the committee members from Rosyth FC,who says they are putting 300k towards the new facilities.

3 hours ago, livipar2 said:

I don't think it will be anything like millions for either of those things. Buying the Civil, which looks likely will be the low-mid side of 6 figures. Funding an academy something similar. We pretty much funded the majority of Fife Elite anyway, so it's not going to be a huge amount more than we were already spending on that. 

if it is going to be at Rosyth, low-mid 6 figures i agree with, an artificial will go in but after that it depends how much work is needed or they want to do to the building mainly. it was in the Courier a while ago the plan was to move various departments (?) to the training ground too, surely you need a gym there too but what do you do with the one at EEP? suggested a while ago on .net turn it into a new club shop/ticket office? 

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

I attended the meeting on Wednesday and have to agree that we came away with not really learning anything new but this whole process will take time and hopefully in 10 years time we will be benefiting from what they put in place.

The training ground at the civil service could be a done deal next month according to one of the committee members from Rosyth FC,who says they are putting 300k towards the new facilities.

thats the key part but will fall on deaf ears for most in my opinion. everything has to be now or yesterday.

8 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

if it is going to be at Rosyth, low-mid 6 figures i agree with, an artificial will go in but after that it depends how much work is needed or they want to do to the building mainly. it was in the Courier a while ago the plan was to move various departments (?) to the training ground too, surely you need a gym there too but what do you do with the one at EEP? suggested a while ago on .net turn it into a new club shop/ticket office? 

thats the key part but will fall on deaf ears for most in my opinion. everything has to be now or yesterday.

Agreed. 

On the Civil, there is plenty rooms in there that wouldn't need much done to turn it into a Gym, You'd literally just need to put equipment in. There is the lounge Bar which looks out onto the pitches so that could be a gym but would need work to remove the bar, then a function hall, with a huge space. Next to that, is another long hall, which could also house a gym straightaway. Round the back, there are only two sets of changing rooms though, and two set of showers. I suspect one or more of those areas, probably the function room as it's the biggest and backs onto these, would need converted into better/more changing spaces. 

Archived