Investors interview

Mr Mac

14 hours ago, InsidePar said:

yeah a friend of mine was there tonight as well.  Said the usual suspects were all there in terms of hangers on, some who previously spoke up for Masterton in 2013 and same faces that have been hanging around and blagged any comps and family freebies over last few seasons.  Some there who have also been doing the work but don't take the credit for it, as well as the complete opposite who just like to be seen front and centre and take all the credit on their behalf.  Germans will hopefully see through those quick enough.  Said the Germans spoke well enough, when they managed to get a word in.

**** knows what bracket I fell into last night 🤣

I went along to the meeting and tbf they came across well (and I'm highly skeptical). I did ask a question pre the meeting when speaking to Ross Mcarthur in the foyer(so I didn't have to ask it in front of 50 odd people in a room).

I said I was concerned that with operational costs being tight already (and a loss made a couple of years ago). Adding a training facility along with academy will add to that. And although the investors (they corrected us last night to say one was Croatian, one was English and one felt Bavaranian and gave a nod Scottish people in a similar position so not "the germans") have added in the upfront costs there will be increased costs going forward every year.

Ross said that the money saved from hiring places to train and the fife's elite academy money which we contribute the most and a couple of other costs will cover that so there won't be additional operational costs from what we have or at least any that are unmanageable.The big part is gaining the asset itself from the investment. Thought I would share that if anyone's interested.

The key thing for me is making sure the club is sustainable and keeps its identity and they were very keen to stress that during the meeting which is good. Obviously actions speak louder than words so time will tell. But from an initial first impression they seemed genuine and very keen not to come in and change the culture of the club around community work etc.

Btw also to add. Ross said its absolutely right that those sorts of questions should be asked. I suppose it's really the manner they are asked and what the questions are asked. Sounds like that wasn't really the case for the meeting on the Wednesday night  talking to people who were at that one. Where it was more accusations leveled at the board for lack of transparency etc

I didn't ask if there was going to be a supporters council at some point so anyone can come along and ask questions not just the volunteers and fan groups. Forgot

On 15/08/2021 at 20:32, rosythpar said:

The function hall in the civil service will be getting turned into new changing rooms and I think rosyth want to keep the bar for matchdays,if the deal goes through.

I take it the club building is still standing? 

21 hours ago, Piracy said:

I take it the club building is still standing? 

Yeah at the moment,needs a big refurbishment inside. Think we are also looking at land in lochgelly that Bob Purvis bought as one of the other options,heard that last year but civil preferred choice.

Archived