Board statement

Fifes Elite

56 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Read the statement again. It definitely Meggle, talking about working on the defensive and offensive tactics, regarding winning games and not losing goals. Can't surely be telling PG how to set up the team, or is he?

The last bit, he says on behalf of the board about the abuse.

its general comments he makes, he can give his opinion as part of his job but that doesnt mean Grant has to take them on board or is basically a puppet with Meggle pulling his strings. i dont see that at all in any of the comments.

the last bit isnt a quote and reading the 3 different sections, there is a difference in how the top and bottom are written to Meggle's quotes in the middle section imo.

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Just to note.

Usually when Ross McArthur releases a statement he always leaves his name at the bottom of the statement. This statement didn't have his name below it. So I'm not sure he actually put that together or released it himself. In fact he may not even been supportive of it. 

As for abuse of a vitriolic nature, it maybe that some may have been subjected to some horrible stuff in relation to this whole situation. This isn't right, it's a fitbaw club ffs

Hmm.  If he wasn’t supportive of it then he should have resigned in protest.  He’s the chairman and he’s seen as the figurehead whether he likes it or not, and he knows that.  If he was that against the content, then walk or make a stand and refuse to part of its release.  But that last paragraph is very similar to the style of stuff he’s written in the past when outlining unacceptable behaviour so I doubt that he’s that far away from it. 

By the way - Of course directors/staff shouldn’t be getting abuse - it’s awful.  

Ross isn’t a bad guy - but he is part of the problem at the moment and needs to realise there is a window of opportunity for recovery of the situation.  Get that statement deleted, apologise, reword it and try and unite the fans.  Other clubs and supporters are having a right good laugh at how bad it was.   That statements done more for reputational damage than any action of a fan so far.

Think the worrying thing for me is that Thomas Meggle who is the most football minded person on the board still thinks Grant should continue in his position as manager.

Thomas has been a player, assistaint manager,manager, sporting director and an agent. He should surely realise the mess we are in and it needs sorted asap before we are in serious danger of heading back down to League 1. He comes across a bit delusional in the statement. I really want the new owners to succeed but I think this decision could be catastrophic in the long term.

I think Ross has had a big part in the last paragraph aimed at the fans and I hope he realises the financial implications this is going to have on the club. A high number of lifelines will be cancelled,PATG fans will be low, hospitality legends Charlie ds will be empty and some fans might decide not to renew their season tickets next season. 

Ross has gave a lot of time and effort for this football club and we should be forever grateful for that but I think some fans will never forgive him after yesterday. Ross probably never imagined fans would be outside the ground with banners and shouting for him to go but it seems likely that some fans will be protesting before the killie game outside the main stand entrance. I think it will take a lot for Ross to build bridges between him and the fans after yesterday's statement and I can only see this heading one way and that's him resigning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ross McArthur is a man of morals, conviction, decency and integrity. He is a passionate fan of our club. He has worked tirelessly due to his love of this club. He doesn't ask for any thanks. He pulled this club back from the abyss, at personal sacrifice. I know a lot about what that took, as do other Pars fans.

Ross will decide when it's time to go and when he does he should be thanked by anyone calling themselves a Pars fan. 

He's made mistakes. He's not infallible. He's not above critisism. He should be criticised for the appointment of Grant. However this man doesn't deserve to be subjected to any level of abuse. Any fan indulging in such is out of order

Regarding those calling for his head, you're entitled to your views. You're entitled to express your frustration. However you're not entitled to dispense vitriolic abuse, or behave like thugs because of your own self entitlement. 

I'm as *****d off as any fan at the moment, but I've had enough of reading crap on social media about who's fault it is, about how it's all one man's fault, sack this man, sack that man, sack the board, yadda f*ckin yadda. If you're going to protest then do it, that's fair. Offer up constructive critisism. Be passionate, but don't be a mug. 

• Upvote 12

I don’t know Ross McArthur personally  (spent an evening in the pub with him a couple of others from the forum years ago) but people whose opinion i value and trust have vouched for him and that’s good enough for me. He’s definitely made mistakes but who on earth hasn’t in their job? I have a lot of sympathy for him because he worked his ****ing socks off to save this football club and that buys almost endless goodwill from me. If he’s been subject to any abuse then that’s bang out of order. All that said, I think it maybe is time for someone else to step in and tbh I wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to pack it in. 

• Upvote 5

Had a wee Google of Thomas Meggle last night.  It seems that St. Pauli let him go over "differences of opinion" but I couldn't find anything more.  

Also found a recent podcast/interview (Dunfermline are mentioned) with a Hamburg based newspaper where he used the line "crisis meetings are overrated". 

https://www.abendblatt.de/podcast/millerntalk/article231119414/FCSP-Pauli-Meggle-Leid-Fan-Schultz-Krise-Anekdoten-Podcast-Millerntalk.html

The article. 

Edited by Deutsche Par
Adding link

So, here's what I think. 

Ross had little or nothing to do with that statement (opinion) 

Ross probably wanted Grant gone (opinion) 

Ross doesn't look down on supporters (fact) 

Ross is a supporter (fact) 

Ross has probably had enough (opinion) 

Ross might walk soon (opinion) 

Fans will regret it if he does walk (probably fact) 

Things will rapidly get worse if he were to walk (almost certain) 

Fans need to do more to challenge the f*ckwits in our support (opinion) 

Those perpetrators will get identified (almost certain) 

This has been one of the blackest days for supporters in years. If Ross does go I genuinely think we'll have many darker days to come. I also think some supporters may follow him if he does walk. This would be a crisis, not the 'Grant out' stuff, that'll happen soon enough anyway 

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Piracy said:

So, here's what I think. 

This has been one of the blackest days for supporters in years. If Ross does go I genuinely think we'll have many darker days to come. I also think some supporters may follow him if he does walk. This would be a crisis, not the 'Grant out' stuff, that'll happen soon enough anyway 

I’d agree with all that - my general well being is still rock bottom - these events this week have had a genuine impact to my mindset - its made me fearful for the future - not only for our Club but for our society - Brexit, Trump, Tories, Social Media, Lockdown - they’ve created a monster of hate and bile I’ve never seen in 59 years - its a powder keg, and good men like Ross are being vilified - I feel utterly ashamed this could happen to him - truly truly awful……

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, DougieDave said:

I’d agree with all that - my general well being is still rock bottom - these events this week have had a genuine impact to my mindset - its made me fearful for the future - not only for our Club but for our society - Brexit, Trump, Tories, Social Media, Lockdown - they’ve created a monster of hate and bile I’ve never seen in 59 years - its a powder keg, and good men like Ross are being vilified - I feel utterly ashamed this could happen to him - truly truly awful……

There's always hope pal. It's always there and that allied with genuinely good people makes things better. 

I do think though that this carry on at the club was just an avoidable sh*tfest. This with Ross is another level, but it's a minority and the person will get identified.

The clubs wellbeing is important to so many people, me included. But right now I don't know how I feel about it. I'm questioning if it's worth bothering about.

I went to a gig last week in Aberdeen. It was magic, so were the people I met. I felt more like my old self. I just wish the fitbaw would offer me the same social opportunities.

Good thing is we can crack on with blethering in here, it affords fans a place to express concerns. Good thing is as well, any bad patter in here and we ban the raspers haha

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"The parallels between the situation of current coach Timo Schultz (43) and Meggle's situation in the second half of 2014 cannot be overlooked. A negative run of eight games without a win, just like now, led to Thomas Meggle being replaced by Ewald Lienen. “I can imagine how Schulle is doing right now. Being a coach in unsuccessful times hurts a lot, ”says Meggle. "That's why I'm very sorry for him right now."

Sounds like Meggle knows what it's like to be in PG shoes just now. Think the article states Meggle was in charge for 13 games.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Piracy said:

So, here's what I think. 

All of this 👆👏👏👏