Board statement

Fifes Elite

Agree with Keyser too.

In regards to the statement, read the f*****g room lads. It beggars belief that they thought this would cut the mustard. It makes me wonder that given they were over ruled, if the previous board members just let that come out to make a point of how idiotic a statement it was. Ross isn’t daft.

Im probably in the minority but I also don’t have much of a problem with the final paragraph either, folk going way over the top imo. There’s being annoyed and going over the score. 

Having said that, it was poor judgment at best to word that how it was. 

• Upvote 4

Peter Grant must be under enormous pressure. Was disappointed seeing all the angry fans making their way along the terracing to harass him after the QOS game. He applauded the fans for, obviously turning up. I agree with the last bit of the statement too (the rest is awful)  I only seen improvement at the ICT game. Doesn't sound like we were unlucky against QOS, but I wasn't there. 

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Agree with Keyser too.

In regards to the statement, read the f*****g room lads. It beggars belief that they thought this would cut the mustard. It makes me wonder that given they were over ruled, if the previous board members just let that come out to make a point of how idiotic a statement it was. Ross isn’t daft.

Im probably in the minority but I also don’t have much of a problem with the final paragraph either, folk going way over the top imo. There’s being annoyed and going over the score. 

Having said that, it was poor judgment at best to word that how it was. 

dont agree with the first part, the second is standard nowadays. that paragraph though its almost like folk are more unhappy at that than the decision to keep Grant on.

so on we go to Killie with fans hoping we lose so it might change then? cheering when Killie score? its almost insane what they have done and come out with today, even if they turn around and sack Grant tomorrow, the damage is done and could be permanent.

I’ve never been so gobsmacked in all my time watching the Pars.  When Masterton et al came away with their nonsense, it was obvious it was keich and there was no trust.  This time, I just can’t believe it.  Actually can’t believe it.  I drove back from Dumfries seeing Peter Grant in a pretty awful state coming off the park, and listening to his words post match - I really felt for him.  He knew it was the end.  The players knew it was the end too, especially seeing Dom Thomas practically dancing across the park applauding the fans.  I get that the board are hurting, we all are, but to sit and write out that statement, all read it and sign it off, I don’t understand how they can do that in good conscience and think - aye, that’ll look after our fan base and we can unite.

It’s almost as if they’ve employed James Traynor to write it, and said to him “pretend the fans are the media out to get you, and write it in that style”.  The paragraph about the fans behaviour is insulting. How dare they.  You can’t go playing up the fans and their ur giving support, to then feign surprise at 20 or 30 shouting GTF to a manager who hasn’t won a game in 8, in a league he sad we’d be looking to win.

I mean if one thing is confirmed, it’s that the existing board need help.  The optics are awful.  The German consortium have been either badly advised, or just don’t get it, or even worse, don’t care.  If it’s the latter, then we really are in trouble. 

Im really not looking forward to the Killie game, but I’ll be there and I’ll support the team.  But if the board are wondering if they’ll hear the fans … they’re about to get their answer loud and clear.

from the jaws of opportunity, somehow yet again the Pars have found a new way to get a defeat.

• Upvote 1

I think the Board have run out of money, and run out of ideas.  The investment from DAFC Fussball GmbH was probably seen as an absolute gift at the time

On the face of it, the German investment/acquisition looked great, but when you dig a bit deeper - what is in it for them?

Surely if you are going to invest in Scottish football, a club like St Johnstone would be much more attractive proposition, given their progress in recent years - we are a club in decline, not even the best club in Fife any more.  Maybe not even the second best.

Many diehards will turn their back on the Club, temporarily at least.  The feelgood factor that existed after we rescued the Club has been replaced by negativity and contempt to almost toxic levels on and off the park.

I don't think the new owners are here for football.  I think they are here to buy EEP (eventually), so they can redevelop the site at a tidy profit.  Can't think why else they would invest in a club like ours which exists on handouts and a dwindling fanbase with deep pockets.

I'm sure the terms and conditions put in place mean that for every £3 invested in the Club, £1 has to be invested in shares for the company that owns the stadium.  The Germans have it within their power to purchase the stadium, and as long as they provide a 'suitable' replacement (probably on the outskirts of town) they can pretty much do what they like with the land that EEP sits on at present...hotel, flats, shops, the usual ideas.

I see a lot of people that I have known for a long time through the football using words like 'disconnected', 'disengaged', 'disenfranchised' - after the extended absence of fans because of COVID, the Club already had to do something to motivate the fans - this statement today is an absolute disaster in terms of PR, and has only deflected some of the attention away from Grant, on to the Board.

• Downvote 1

Do you think Ross will resign as chairman in the next week?

Iv got a feeling there will be board and Ross going… fek all this nonsense after what he has done.

imo the club is in free fall and the Germans have an agenda… let’s remember it’s only to make money and EEP is a massive money maker… god I hope I’m spouting crap but I see no other reason they would take us on…

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Secure Par said:

Do you think Ross will resign as chairman in the next week?

Iv got a feeling there will be board and Ross going… fek all this nonsense after what he has done.

imo the club is in free fall and the Germans have an agenda… let’s remember it’s only to make money and EEP is a massive money maker… god I hope I’m spouting crap but I see no other reason they would take us on…

I feel for Ross - the commitment he has given the Club is incredible.  He was one of the figureheads during a really dark period in our history, along with a number of unsung heroes

There are members of our Board who are there for their own ego, others are there for a genuine love for the Club.  I would place Ross firmly in the latter of those.  A really nice guy to talk to.  I think Ross and co have always been quite open about the challenges of running a football club compared to any other business.

As time goes on, this new ownership model begins to look like bad news - this statement today shows a total lack of understanding of the fans and what they want, and has infuriated 100 times as many as it will have appeased

I think Ross will want to leave and have some sort of positive legacy in place - and I hope that happens for him.  I'd hate for him to end up being regarded in the same way as Masterton and Yorkston.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradox said:

I think the Board have run out of money, and run out of ideas.  The investment from DAFC Fussball GmbH was probably seen as an absolute gift at the time

On the face of it, the German investment/acquisition looked great, but when you dig a bit deeper - what is in it for them?

Surely if you are going to invest in Scottish football, a club like St Johnstone would be much more attractive proposition, given their progress in recent years - we are a club in decline, not even the best club in Fife any more.  Maybe not even the second best.

Many diehards will turn their back on the Club, temporarily at least.  The feelgood factor that existed after we rescued the Club has been replaced by negativity and contempt to almost toxic levels on and off the park.

I don't think the new owners are here for football.  I think they are here to buy EEP (eventually), so they can redevelop the site at a tidy profit.  Can't think why else they would invest in a club like ours which exists on handouts and a dwindling fanbase with deep pockets.

I'm sure the terms and conditions put in place mean that for every £3 invested in the Club, £1 has to be invested in shares for the company that owns the stadium.  The Germans have it within their power to purchase the stadium, and as long as they provide a 'suitable' replacement (probably on the outskirts of town) they can pretty much do what they like with the land that EEP sits on at present...hotel, flats, shops, the usual ideas.

I see a lot of people that I have known for a long time through the football using words like 'disconnected', 'disengaged', 'disenfranchised' - after the extended absence of fans because of COVID, the Club already had to do something to motivate the fans - this statement today is an absolute disaster in terms of PR, and has only deflected some of the attention away from Grant, on to the Board.

That's a pretty sobering post mate. 

I was initially taken in by the new board members. I trusted Ross and his judgement and shared his enthusiasm. I thought I also sensed a huge sigh of relief from Ross, understandably so. I think he's probably long since had enough of doing endless hours to the determent of his own quality of life. If nothing else the new board members should really take on the responsibility of leading this club out of the mess, starting right now. 

When we were invited to meet the new board members at EEP I said to 2 of them when leaving "you best make sure you run this club right, or we'll back", obviously I was smiling in jest, but I had real doubt at the back of my mind. I really don't want another board supporter debacle, none of us do. I still hope it's going to work out and that these guys are here for the duration like they promised. But at the end of the day if it goes tits up then we'll have roll up our sleeves again. 

• Upvote 2