Amazon Prime

1950Par

10 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Genuinely not. If a game is on with McCoist I'll generally leave the sound on for as long as I can stand it, and then mute it or just turn it off. Fingers down a blackboard stuff.

It seems to go a bit deeper than his punditry in this case - maybe harking back to the days of McCoist (Pen), 89.

I like him as a pundit these days.

What pundits do you prefer?

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

It seems to go a bit deeper than his punditry in this case - maybe harking back to the days of McCoist (Pen), 89.

I like him as a pundit these days.

What pundits do you prefer?

There's not many good ones if I'm honest!

I don't really watch all that much football on TV to be fair, just the odd game from England or in the Champions League, usually Liverpool.

Which usually means Steve McManaman, who I don't especially mind, but who I know many people can't stand. He's not very good, but he seems likeable enough IMO. There's a woman, Lucy Ward, who's been on a few games, she's pretty good I think.

Least favourites: Sutton, McCoist, Nevin, Mark Bright.

EDIT to add - it's nothing to do with his Rangers days though, I just can't stand him.

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Beat me to it! You've got to be at it @SanguinePar😂😂😂

Lol, I thought that might be the reaction to that. But no, I don't mind him. I'm not saying he's a good analyst, he's not, but he doesn't bother me - I appreciate many people just can't stand him though.

So, just imagine how you feel about SMcM, and that's how I feel about McCoist.

Since this seems to have become a discussion of football pundits, here's my thoughts on more of them. You're welcome.

Neville - hated him as a player, but he gives good chat, and I agree with his strong political views too, which helps. Better in the studio than as co-commentator.

Carragher - not bad, not great

Souness - meh, not really my cup of tea, but good for the odd sharp put down

Keane - meh, but moreso. Similar to Souness, but his tough lad, angry man act seems a bit contrived and affected to me.

Wright - varies wildly. Sometimes I really like him, sometimes I can't stand him. Usually depends if England are playing!

Shearer - bit dull, but ok. Dry wit sometimes.

Micah Richards - excellent, interesting and funny whenever I' ve seen him. One of the best at the moment IMO

Danny Mills - dull.

Lawrenson - tedious, but ok when he's actually showing any enthusiasm. Sadly that's too rare.

Garth Crooks. Awful. Should have mentioned him in my original list of worsts.

Robbie Savage - no. Just no.

On 01/12/2021 at 13:03, Raymie said:

You didn't miss much last night - Newcastle and Norwich looks certs to go down

This has aged well, Raymie. Still, 1 out of 2 ain't bad. The Toon have bought their way out of relegation. Maybe in future years, they'll be able to buy their way to an EPL and CL double. 

I wonder if they might be interested in making us their feeder club, given we play in black and white, too? 🤔

Just saw that. It's not just the fact he is completely dismissing the level Benzema has played at for years, and the medals he's won (to Kane's zero) it's the fact he's putting Kane up there with Lewandowski. They're not even in the same sport, never mind the same league. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Your boy Micah Richard’s here discussing Benzema. Astonishing 

Ha ha, I literally just heard about that, and knew someone would mention it here! 

Yeah... although tbh I don't have a problem with him saying that it's only recently that Benzema has seemed that good in his opinion. If that's what he thinks that what he thinks. Benzema has always been good, but he was overshadowed by Ronaldo at Madrid for so long, I can see why he might not figure when considering the top players.

Putting Kane in that bracket though is mental. England bias I guess.