Amazon Prime

1950Par

No foul, looks like he he’s twisted awkwardly when he’s changed direction.  

No head knock so no requirement for immediate stoppage, increasing often we are seeing refs stop games for other injuries but they usually only to so when the ball isn’t in a dangerous area and the player has been down a while,  not the case here.

Had it been an outfielder I doubt anyone would question it.  You could argue with the significance of the goalkeeper the ref should be quicker to stop play,  but IMO that would give too much opportunity for keepers to play act.

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

No foul, looks like he he’s twisted awkwardly when he’s changed direction.  

No head knock so no requirement for immediate stoppage, increasing often we are seeing refs stop games for other injuries but they usually only to so when the ball isn’t in a dangerous area and the player has been down a while,  not the case here.

Had it been an outfielder I doubt anyone would question it.  You could argue with the significance of the goalkeeper the ref should be quicker to stop play,  but IMO that would give too much opportunity for keepers to play act.

I think his teammate (Fred?) actually stood on his ankle? 

The referee did blow the whistle but after the ball was in the net. Not sure what he blew for though. 

43 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I think his teammate (Fred?) actually stood on his ankle? 

The referee did blow the whistle but after the ball was in the net. Not sure what he blew for though. 

Was giving the goal from what i could gather, he started to gesture towards the half way line but then Im guessing he got a message VAR was checking it pretty quickly

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

You’re at it? McCoist is a national treasure. His enthusiasm for the game is infectious. Probably the only decent Rangers fan on the planet!  

Not at all, I cannot f***ing stand him, his cheery chappy routine and his recycling of very obvious talking points, usually preceded by "I'll tell you what...," or, "Listen..."

I honestly can't understand why he's so popular as a co-commentator.

Another McCoist fan here. I don't understand the 'makes obvious points' argument because his technical input is one of the reasons I like him,. particularly when it comes to forward play. I HATE commentators who do state the obvious and try and dress it up as something technical, (Davie Provan take a bow), McCoist absolutely doesn't do that.

18 minutes ago, Digs said:

Another McCoist fan here. I don't understand the 'makes obvious points' argument because his technical input is one of the reasons I like him,. particularly when it comes to forward play. I HATE commentators who do state the obvious and try and dress it up as something technical, (Davie Provan take a bow), McCoist absolutely doesn't do that.

I seem to be in a minority of one on this one, but I just don't see it. For me, all he does is say the most obvious stuff, I can't recall anything especially insighful technically from him.

Oh well.

39 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I seem to be in a minority of one on this one, but I just don't see it. For me, all he does is say the most obvious stuff, I can't recall anything especially insighful technically from him.

Oh well.

I think you may have been fishing, SP. Definitely caught a few. Fair play.