Amazon Prime

1950Par

1 hour ago, Superally said:

No Scottish punditry there Sanguine? Just while your in full rant/berserker mode 🤣 

To be honest, I never watch Scottish football unless it's the Pars or maybe Hibs v Hearts. Everything else... nah. Just no interest on the whole, and when it comes to Those Two, I actively don't want to see them.

As I said, I don't watch TV football all that much anyway - really only when I actually give a toss who wins, which for most games is not the case.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

No thanks, don't really want to be associated with the Saudi regime!

True. It was a light hearted comment I've repeated on here after making it to my Geordie pal. 

He said most Toon fans don't care about their new owners background - they're just so happy that Mike Ashley is finally away.

16 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Rory Loy is probably my favourite up here. Articulate and not an OF puppet. He’s relatively new on the scene so still a bit wet behind the ears but reckon he will grow into the role with experience. 

Quite like him Rory Loy as well. There are times I quite like the directness of Michael Stewart, but there is an aspect that he likes to be too controversial and plays on the image. Like Sanguine I actually rarely watch Scottish football unless its directly related to the division we are in. I probably listen to Radio Scotland more  

16 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

True. It was a light hearted comment I've repeated on here after making it to my Geordie pal. 

He said most Toon fans don't care about their new owners background - they're just so happy that Mike Ashley is finally away.

Better the devil you don't know, I guess!

Nah, if people like them bought the Pars, I'd protest it and fight it as much as I could, and then I'd be done if the protests weren't successful. Couldn't stomach it.

It's one of the reasons I've always been a bit nervous about our new German owners - not that I think for a second that they're like the House of Saud, but we just don't really know what they're like, or at least we didn't. To be fair to them, they have stuck around through a lot of s**t and, given the people who have vouched for them (Ross McA and a number of others) I'm less nervous about it now. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year if/when we go down.

• Upvote 1

It's a big difference in that there's nothing to suggest the investors are absolute scum like those involved at Newcastle,  however I agree we remain sceptical and watchful over events in the board room,  it's an essential part of protecting ourselves from another Masterton.

They have already fallen short of some of what was talked about when the takeover process began(which 2 years on is still not complete) Brexit/Covid gives them some excuses but I personally need to see a hell of a lot more from them before I will be convinced they are truly a positive for the club despite what the pars united side of the board want to tell us.