Update from Cook

Grant

It's going to be a competitive league next season and a few teams could win it. On paper it should be between us and Falkirk but dont write off Montrose and Airdrie. Will be interesting to see who Kelty recruit and if they are going to go for back to back promotions.

31 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

If Mcpake is stuck with guys he doesn’t want in the squad, what’s he meant to do? Sorry but I can’t buy into that some of our players are actually good enough, Rhys breen wouldn’t get a game at junior level he’s hopeless. He’s not the only one btw. It took McIntyre a couple seasons to get his own team as he was saddled with players on big contracts and couldn’t get rid 

Rhys Breen got a game, and looked very good at championship level with QoTS. 

McIntyre is also a harder comparison because he was doing it a higher level, against a higher level of opposition. McPake is doing it at a lower level, where we have distinct advantages over our competitors, the comparison with AJ is far more apt, and he took over in a far worse situation. 

Edited by Grant

18 minutes ago, Grant said:

Rhys Breen got a game, and looked very good at championship level with QoTS. 

McIntyre is also a harder comparison because he was doing it a higher level, against a higher level of opposition. McPake is doing it at a lower level, where we have distinct advantages over our competitors, the comparison with AJ is far more apt, and he took over in a far worse situation. 

AJ managed to get rid of 18 players and had guys like geggan , falkingham, Moffat signed up. I’d love to have that calibre of player signed up. Can only go by what I’ve saw of Rhys breen at us, don’t care what he done at queens, he’s here now and in my opinion he’s hopeless. 

24 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

AJ managed to get rid of 18 players and had guys like geggan , falkingham, Moffat signed up. I’d love to have that calibre of player signed up. Can only go by what I’ve saw of Rhys breen at us, don’t care what he done at queens, he’s here now and in my opinion he’s hopeless. 

Aye, but come the end of that season players like Falkingham, Geggan and Moffat didn't seem all that hot. And absolutely no one seen that Faiss season coming! Different manager, different system and we might see some of our players look less ****. 

I'm still doubtful that McPake is the man, but we can only wait and see. I think his biggest issue is the midfield, which hasn't been good for a while now. 

I've seen bits of Breen that I like, I genuinely think he could be a good player, a really good player. 

I thought we may have seen something about ST's this week. I know there are  more than a few issues to be looked at on the playing side and off the Park. However it is interesting to see that Raith have 500 renewals of their ST's this week before they go on general sale. They have frozen their prices to last years too. 

11 minutes ago, Superally said:

I thought we may have seen something about ST's this week. I know there are  more than a few issues to be looked at on the playing side and off the Park. However it is interesting to see that Raith have 500 renewals of their ST's this week before they go on general sale. They have frozen their prices to last years too. 

Most teams have finished early bird already lol

On 02/06/2022 at 20:05, Superally said:

Got a bad feeling this late planning could come back to bite us. Last season was different as we had to wait on assurances we’d be allowed crowds in. Every other season they are always on sale early may

56 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Got a bad feeling this late planning could come back to bite us. Last season was different as we had to wait on assurances we’d be allowed crowds in. Every other season they are always on sale early may

Can only see it as next week they do season ticket sales and strips with a couple of player be announced at same time