Players required

Piracy

Imo we need players,  and in most Pars fan's opinions we need players.  I've stuck up for the board,  so now let's see them stick up for James McPake,  help him get the players in please.  I believe he has the ability to get us out this league,  let's just back him to the hilt and get the 'get the f*ck outta here'. 

• Upvote 5

I really hoped we would have a clear out after last seasons shambles. The spine of that team (who are used to defeat) are still here. Maybe the board think that they probably have enough about them to get a quick return. What I've been reading, although sitting in pole position, we are still flattering to deceive, regarding real flair and entertainment. I do reckon Falkirk will probably win this league, with us, Airdrie and maybe QOS/Montrose fighting for the Play Offs. Our good fortune will probably be found wanting against the top half teams. So yes, sounds like we definitely need replacements who will fancy the challenge. 

• Upvote 1

Playing catch up after January is not an option! We go into the end of season fixtures at the top of the league otherwise we won’t be there at the end! Every team will strengthen in January in an attempt to gain promotion! Scott and Piracy are right we need some serious backing this week to show our intentions to win this league. Hate saying it Falkirk have set a high bar!

• Upvote 2

If the board want to give me a shout about available players in the German league (and especially non-league because they have no transfer fee) I am willing to help out.

Here's a couple I like 

Paul Mill (Vfr Dostluk Osterode, CM)

Martin Oktay (SV Lengede,  AMC, LW, RW)

These three I think play for pro clubs but I am not 100% if they are pro, semi-pro or amateur

Georgios Firiaridis (SV Ramlingen/Ehlerhausen LM).  Very much in the mould of Paul Sturrock, the game I watched involving him, no shin pads and socks at his ankles.

Diament Berisha (Teutonia Ottensen, LW) 

Yannick Zummack (Teutonia Ottensen, GK)

Edited by Deutsch Par
Correcting typo
  • Upvote 1

The board need to start backing McPake ASAP. I feel sorry for him tbh, no sign of the training ground starting soon that was one of the reasons he came here and very slow in getting players in. The board need to take a look at the mess Falkirk have been in for the last few years and get us out this league. The board got us in this mess now get your act together and back your man.

• Upvote 3

Looks like too many layers of sign off required to get players over the line ? It’s taking far too long. McPake is getting increasingly frustrated and I don’t blame him.

it’s hard not to form the opinion that he is being let down ?

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 1

I know we keep saying it’s quality over quantity, but surely the longer the window goes on the quality won’t be there anymore? If we don’t sign another 3/4 then we can kiss goodbye to winning the league. Still think with the squad we have the now we’d finish 3rd at the worst. Some folk thinking the league is Falkirks to lose is quite a laugh though 😂

14 hours ago, kelty_par said:

What high bar have Falkirk exactly set?

They have got their business done early, got players in and given the manager the time to tinker with the squad but still have depth on the bench when needed. Pre season is the time you add players as not to try and disrupt a team too much once your league season starts surely?

1 hour ago, Rengade Master said:

They have got their business done early, got players in and given the manager the time to tinker with the squad but still have depth on the bench when needed. Pre season is the time you add players as not to try and disrupt a team too much once your league season starts surely?

And their signings haven’t been exactly great, If we signed most of the players they have then everyone would’ve moaned about it. 

• Upvote 1