Players required

Piracy

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Screenshot_20220901-145622_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aye, the guy in the courier has posted something similar with McPake saying 'he is hopeful' we could add to the squad by the end of the day.

That's a lot less certain than the above. Hopefully the pen gif will be appearing come 6pm...

Obviously it is frustrating that the squad is threadbare as hell but free agents can be signed at any time and we can have two more domestic loans we can use that don't necessarily need to be done tonight.

Of course most players will hold out for as long as possible  to see if they can get anything better than League 1,  and I completely agree with the people who are saying that we shouldn't be signing ****e, just for the sake of filling shirts.  How many contracts have we ripped up recently, and how much has that cost us?

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Now, obviously I know what FLOV means, but for any poor soul on here that doesn't, maybe someone (else) could explain...?

embarrassed, sheepish ashamed awkward

flov (neuter flovt, plural and definite singular attributive flove) embarrassed, sheepish. ashamed. awkward, embarrassing.

The club is I league 1, not a lot of established players will drop below championship level. 
I however reckon in past seasons we would pay the wages demanded to get players but and I’m glad Mr Cook and the top guys aren’t willing to throw away money on getting bad players in just to make up the numbers.

I believe the squad we have should finish in the top 2… and need 2-3 players to finish top.

Money will be tight as we have the training facility to pay for but unlike the Hughes era where he signed utter dross the club has to wait and see what their best options are… if that’s the squad McPake has to deal with then it’s his job to get results and win games.

30 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

The club is I league 1, not a lot of established players will drop below championship level. 
I however reckon in past seasons we would pay the wages demanded to get players but and I’m glad Mr Cook and the top guys aren’t willing to throw away money on getting bad players in just to make up the numbers.

I believe the squad we have should finish in the top 2… and need 2-3 players to finish top.

Money will be tight as we have the training facility to pay for but unlike the Hughes era where he signed utter dross the club has to wait and see what their best options are… if that’s the squad McPake has to deal with then it’s his job to get results and win games.

McPake isn't here to to languish, he is using us as a driving force for the club and himself.

Money should not be an issue, i'm fed up of hearing this excuse, like every other club with ambition previously in these leagues you speculate (somewhat) to accumulate. Falkirk are broke by all accounts but have mustered enough from somewhere to throw everything at promotion. We are under the control of multi millionaires and are referring to Dorrans as hampering us. It really is to the point where I refer to my previous posts and say go figure! 

• Upvote 1