Players required

Piracy

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

We desperately need some creativity in midfield and some width. Our results have covered some awful performances. 

Unfortunately we’ve already got too many centre mids signed up although I do agree with you. Width is really needed as Wighton and Ohara would be better options through the middle imo 

Which one of them would you say was an attacking CM ? I would struggle to identify one. I would like to see us sign an attacking CM - Robbie Crawford would have been ideal. I have no suggestions as to who would fit the bill. Add on at least one wide player and I would be more optimistic of a top 4 placing. 

57 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

With bryne being the only loose rumour I’m inclined to think him still being at Dundee on Friday morning would be in our favour.

Byrne hasn’t even been rumoured. Was some fans putting 2+2 together. Unless we get the bodies in then can kiss goodbye to a title challenge 

24 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Byrne hasn’t even been rumoured. Was some fans putting 2+2 together. Unless we get the bodies in then can kiss goodbye to a title challenge 

Aye, I was being very loose, just meaning he's the very closest we've heard, not to say it was a deal agreed just waiting on a press release.

We have had a few good signings that nobody has had a clue about before announcement, I hope we have a few of those up our sleeve.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

No signings is a worrying situation. Got to go all out to get out of this league. I don't mean spending stupidly or recruit recklessly, but come on, there's potential signings out there surely. I heard what both McPake and Cook said last Wednesday and took it at face value, they were confident we'd see signings. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

No signings is a worrying situation. Got to go all out to get out of this league. I don't mean spending stupidly or recruit recklessly, but come on, there's potential signings out there surely. I heard what both McPake and Cook said last Wednesday and took it at face value, they were confident we'd see signings. 

I was also at the meeting and took that view too. Got to be at least 3 before the window closes. Free agents and domestic loans till end of September though so we do have time but need them in sooner rather than later 

• Upvote 1