The best defence ever.

parsforlife

I think we all agree that the only record the club really care about is being league 1 champions 22/23.  But having done a bit of research(looking through parsdatabase results, baring the broken link for 54/55).  This is the best defense we have ever had.  Nobody else have got to this stage in the season having only conceded 11 goals.   This isn’t the level of football that we want to be playing at but even so congratulations to McPake, the coaching staff and the players.

Another stat to look at over the next few weeks is the 2nd loss of the season.  Only 2 previous sides have made it to game 19,   99/00 who lost game 20 and 85/86 who lost game 21.  

• Upvote 5

I think it’s a great improvement this year on our previous managers. We’ve put aside footballing philosophies for pragmatism. This is what was needed, winning matches and it’s working so far. Give them another year and maybe we’ll add goals as well!

Great work on the stats analysis as well. I think there was a season under Dick and Bert where we lost very few matches 1994-95 I think.

5 hours ago, Al k said:

Yeah the season before 3pts for a win. If it came in that season we'd won it.

The other way round, I think. 1994/95 was the first season with 3pts for a win, and Pars lost the title to Raith by 1 point.

Had it still been 2pts the teams would have been level on points and Pars would have been champions on goal difference. As it was, we lost the play-off to Aberdeen.

10 hours ago, Stanza said:

The other way round, I think. 1994/95 was the first season with 3pts for a win, and Pars lost the title to Raith by 1 point.

Had it still been 2pts the teams would have been level on points and Pars would have been champions on goal difference. As it was, we lost the play-off to Aberdeen.

Both are correct.  In 1993/94 if it had been 3 points for a win then we would have beaten Falkirk to the title, and 1994/95 is as you said.

1 hour ago, Deutsch Par said:

Both are correct.  In 1993/94 if it had been 3 points for a win then we would have beaten Falkirk to the title, and 1994/95 is as you said.

How unlucky is that? I wasn't aware of the Rovers one. The two season where only one went up. Either league reconstruction or Play Offs.

3 hours ago, Al k said:

How unlucky is that? I wasn't aware of the Rovers one. The two season where only one went up. Either league reconstruction or Play Offs.

Yeah, it was one the reasons why winning in 95/96 was particularly sweet, having gone so close twice already (with Norrie's death midway through the season obviously a massive factor too). 

• Upvote 1