Sam Fisher

Al k

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

We seem to have different opinions on our shape,  we’ve been playing 3-5-2 recently, from the start IMO.   I think as things stand comrie will move to the more natural rcb for him and Breen will come in on the left.   Short term it’s not a problem to lose fisher, but we now have no defensive cover. 

To be fair, I’m maybe mid-remembering it happening but I only really noticed the three from HT. I’d had a few pints and I was blethering to my mate too so you could be right. I wouldn’t bet my house on my opinion. I don’t remember it being obvious until the second half though. 

2 hours ago, Digs said:

Aye, heard the same, which might suggest there is more to this in terms of a deal being done in the background?

Could have simply went to say goodbye, he was cup tied for Dundee's game. Dave's interview after the game suggests we might be making a move.

15 minutes ago, Al k said:

Could have simply went to say goodbye, he was cup tied for Dundee's game. Dave's interview after the game suggests we might be making a move.

I think he went to support the good mates he's made in the Pars squad. He would almost certainly have asked Dundee for permission beforehand, but it does suggest his heart lies closer to EEP than Dens at this time. If he's been a peripheral player for Dundee in the Championship, they may release him if they're promoted and I reckon we'd be favourites to sign him for next season.

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I think he went to support the good mates he's made in the Pars squad. He would almost certainly have asked Dundee for permission beforehand, but it does suggest his heart lies closer to EEP than Dens at this time. If he's been a peripheral player for Dundee in the Championship, they may release him if they're promoted and I reckon we'd be favourites to sign him for next season.

That's the point though, why recall him if they've no intention of keeping him. Dave McKay's comments seem to back up the theory that he has only been recalled until a deal is finalised, that way he can't get injured and they're then not stuck with an injured player left paying his wages for the remainder of his contract. This, IMO, is a chess move in order to force our hand in negotiations. I think he'll be a Pars player by the end of the window.