Sam Fisher

Al k

Sam was at Lynburn PS yesterday for a Pars Tackle Health session. We had a chat afterwards and he said how much he was loving playing for the Pars and what a great bunch of lads they were. 

He said that he didn't know what would happen at the end of the season as his contract is up then. Unless he was being very coy, I don't think he had any idea Dundee were calling him back to Dens today. 

My impression was that if Dundee released him and the Pars wanted him, he'd have no hesitation in signing for us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Wonder if we are in a position to put a bid for him? As far as i am aware he hasn't played for Dundee so he could go on loan to another team. Could be planning to loan to another championship team or even give him game time?

He played for Dundee in the league cup so can't play for another Scottish team this season 

• Upvote 1

I’m sorry that he’s gone as he’d played well as part of a back 3. Perhaps there will be a chance to bring him back to the club in the future as he’s still young and should continue to improve.

I think we are short at the back now, and 1 or 2 injuries or suspensions in that area could be costly. Another centre back has to be the priority in this transfer window.

It's a shame as he's done well but that also might be why they are recalling him, to actually play him, in which case good luck to the boy.

Can't see us totally changing the starting line up to put Hamilton in there or play three at the back with Comrie, it will be a straight swap into the 442 for Breen I'd imagine. We only went with 3 at the back in the second half last week. It just means we have little to no cover there now. 

1 hour ago, Digs said:

It's a shame as he's done well but that also might be why they are recalling him, to actually play him, in which case good luck to the boy.

Can't see us totally changing the starting line up to put Hamilton in there or play three at the back with Comrie, it will be a straight swap into the 442 for Breen I'd imagine. We only went with 3 at the back in the second half last week. It just means we have little to no cover there now. 

We seem to have different opinions on our shape,  we’ve been playing 3-5-2 recently, from the start IMO.   I think as things stand comrie will move to the more natural rcb for him and Breen will come in on the left.   Short term it’s not a problem to lose fisher, but we now have no defensive cover. 

Edited by parsforlife