Falkirk away 8th April

kelty_par

11 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I apologise for my use of the word "mental." It was not intended to offend anyone with mental health issues. I used it as a synonym for crazy or mad to mean unbelievable. If these words are just as bad, I apologise again. They were terms I grew up using when nobody was offended by them. Indeed, some lads took the term as a compliment, as it was used to describe someone who was courageous and fearless and maybe quite hard, too.

I take your point about some fans taking the rivalry too far, but as I said further up, I'd much prefer to see us play 4 games v Falkirk than Cove or Hamilton, so We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

I get you GG, I didn’t take offence to it at all, just thought it was unhelpful in the context.  I understand how you meant it - you were trying to reinforce your point.   Respectfully agree to disagree 👍

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What's "mental" is wishing any kind of success for our rivals IMHO.

What's the point of fitba if you can't have a laugh at someone elses' expense?

I bet the Rovers fans were all utterly heartbroken when we got relegated in the summer right enough?!

A rivalry isn't really a rivalry if you don't play each other though with the only enjoyment gleaned from that rivalry being their misfortune. What's the point in that? 

What is more enjoyable, last Tuesday night, or seeing them stay in League 1? Anyone saying them staying down in that context isn't much of a fitba fan IMO.

I can guarantee that whilst they laughed their arses off, the Rovers fans have also missed playing us this season. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Yes, I was saying tend to, as in usually, or at least more often than not. I wasn't suggesting that It's always the case. 

I believe you're one of the lads who interview some of our former players for the podcasts? Why don't you ask your next subject if he found that playing in front of a large crowd gave him an extra buzz and subsequently up his game?

Come November, I'll have been following the Pars for 60 years. I've lost count of the number of great games I've seen at EEP with a large crowd backing the team. Sometimes, only days or a week later, we'd be playing a game against modest opponents in front of a small crowd and the players would be almost unrecognisable, playing well below their best.

Our next guest has played in front of many huge crowds 😉 including scoring the winner in front of a packed Hampden!

I don't doubt that a bigger crowd ups a players game. Not disputing it.

What I was disputing was that a large crowd makes for an exciting game, which I don't think it automatically does. Does it contribute sometimes? Sure.

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

Our next guest has played in front of many huge crowds 😉 including scoring the winner in front of a packed Hampden!

I don't doubt that a bigger crowd ups a players game. Not disputing it.

What I was disputing was that a large crowd makes for an exciting game, which I don't think it automatically does. Does it contribute sometimes? Sure.

I wasn't suggesting that it always automatically does either, just that it makes it more likely, so we don't really have an argument, do we? 🤔

I'm intrigued by your teaser about your next guest on your podcast. If he's a former Par, then it has to be Pat Gardner or Ian Lister from 1968, or perhaps Jim McIntyre from the 2007 SC semi-final v Hibs? Of course he may be a former Par who was playing for another club at the time? 

I'll wait and see. Don't want to steal your thunder. 🙂 I enjoyed listening to Calum Morris. He's a good guy and didn't deserve the stick he got when he left for Ross Co just because someone else made up a story his wife would believe. I also believe he was being very kind to JJ when he said he didn't play in the play off final v Cowden because he'd done his hamstring....

1 minute ago, GG Riva said:

I wasn't suggesting that it always automatically does either, just that it makes it more likely, so we don't really have an argument, do we? 🤔

I'm intrigued by your teaser about your next guest on your podcast. If he's a former Par, then it has to be Pat Gardner or Ian Lister from 1968, or perhaps Jim McIntyre from the 2007 SC semi-final v Hibs? Of course he may be a former Par who was playing for another club at the time? 

I'll wait and see. Don't want to steal your thunder. 🙂 I enjoyed listening to Calum Morris. He's a good guy and didn't deserve the stick he got when he left for Ross Co just because someone else made up a story his wife would believe. I also believe he was being very kind to JJ when he said he didn't play in the play off final v Cowden because he'd done his hamstring....

would rather see a review of the Falkirk game and preview of the Edinburgh game., what team selection and formation we will go with etc

2 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I'm still not sold but fair enough. 

I won't give it away but it's certainly a well respected ex Par, no doubt. 😁

Callum was brilliant to chat with and clearly has the Pars in his heart. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Par_fect said:

would rather see a review of the Falkirk game and preview of the Edinburgh game., what team selection and formation we will go with etc

Nostalgia, ain't what it used to be!

We won't be recording for another week or two but we'll certainly be reviewing the Falkirk game. 

6 hours ago, Digs said:

What is more enjoyable, last Tuesday night, or seeing them stay in League 1? 

Seing them stay in league one, go through a long and protracted administration followed by a liquidation, Falkirk to re start in the East of Scotland league playing in a public park. 

I'd enjoy that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Grant said:

Seing them stay in league one, go through a long and protracted administration followed by a liquidation, Falkirk to re start in the East of Scotland league playing in a public park. 

I'd enjoy that. 

Each to their own on that but I would like to see them promoted through playoffs. What a league the championship would be.