Montrose v The Pars

Superally

9 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Almost certainly - what'd be good to know though is when we are likely to win it. I made a wee spreadsheet to try and work out the scenarios - simplest is that we win our next 3 games. In that circumstance, it doesn't matter what Falkirk do (other than lose the one against us).

I'm at hospitality for the Clyde match, so I was trying to work out a scenario where we win the league that day! ;-)

Whatever rocks your boat, SP. Personally, I'd rather Clyde gave us a guard of honour and we collect the trophy then. 🙂

15 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Agreed - and for what it's worth the Montrose boy (who was generally good too) managed to call KRH Robbie Mahon for the first 10 minutes!

What about O2?, if he goes looking for a contract renewal he's more likely to end up with Samsung Galaxy

8 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Was some atmosphere in the golf inn after the game

I only stopped in for one, became apparent when I left we'd been in the wrong side! 

Spoke to Craig Johnstons? Dad, very nice fellow. Was very complimentary about Dunfermline. 

11 hours ago, Al k said:

Watching the goals again I'm not convinced McCann was unlucky with the 2nd goal. Blasted it straight at the keeper and the 1st was lucky to go in, on a plate from an amazing ball from Chalmers and point blank keeper still managed a touch.

Went in tho, that's what counts but I suspect he headed with his eyes closed and thats the reason it looked a bit untidy. 

The quality of the the balls in for the 1st two 😍

I agree about the first goal , a textbook header should have been downwards and to keepers left and it was virtually straight at him and he almost saved it whereas he shouldnt have left the keeper with any chance of stopping it. Still, mustn't grumble!  

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Whatever rocks your boat, SP. Personally, I'd rather Clyde gave us a guard of honour and we collect the trophy then. 🙂

Oh absolutely - it was just something we'd discussed a while back, that we might win that day, so I was trying to play about with it.

Actually, the reason I made it in the first place was to work out how likely it was that we would win the league at Peterhead - long way to go midweek, but if we can do it that night  id want to be there.

I can't see Falkirk failing to beat Clyde, so I don't think TFS is likely even if we win there.

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Oh absolutely - it was just something we'd discussed a while back, that we might win that day, so I was trying to play about with it.

Actually, the reason I made it in the first place was to work out how likely it was that we would win the league at Peterhead - long way to go midweek, but if we can do it that night  id want to be there.

I can't see Falkirk failing to beat Clyde, so I don't think TFS is likely even if we win there.

Wouldn’t be so sure, Falkirk have absolutely shat the bed the last couple of weeks.  Their players will never admit it, but they’re more focussed in their minds on the semi final - they know we’ve won the league.  Clyde are no great shakes but they’ll still be fighting for their lives.  A draw there would be enough for our dream scenario of winning it at TFS to play out.  I wouldn’t bet against Clyde getting a draw considering Falkirk’s form.  

15 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Wouldn’t be so sure, Falkirk have absolutely shat the bed the last couple of weeks.  Their players will never admit it, but they’re more focussed in their minds on the semi final - they know we’ve won the league.  Clyde are no great shakes but they’ll still be fighting for their lives.  A draw there would be enough for our dream scenario of winning it at TFS to play out.  I wouldn’t bet against Clyde getting a draw considering Falkirk’s form.  

Clyde already got a draw against them this season at home so fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Possibly, but I think they'll still have more than enough for Clyde.

Would love to win it at TFS  although I never got round to getting a ticket, so I might be scrambling if that scenario is on!

• Like 1