Phone playing up when accessing this forum.

Hi guys

I am having an issue that only affect this site when using my mobile. It starts freezing then i get error message saying google has had to stop, watch disconnects and i have to wait until my phone responds only on this site. i have a save webpage i use to access. 

Mobile is Samsung galaxy S21 ultra 5g, Android 13, One UI version 5.1 and on latest samsung and software. I use brave browser App version 1.49.129 Chromium 111.0.5563.116 

Appears to be ok on Samsung browser, unsure if its an issue with brave browser or other chromium based browser?

I'll be honest, I've no idea what might be causing this, or how to fix it. I'll leave a message in our chat to see if anyone has any ideas. 

Unfortunately we are hosted on a platform so sometimes stuff like this is out of our hands. We don't tend to mess about with extensions as last time we did it, we lost the site for a week, and we kind of fixed it by accident!

Leave it with us and we'll see what we can do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Digs said:

I'll be honest, I've no idea what might be causing this, or how to fix it. I'll leave a message in our chat to see if anyone has any ideas. 

Unfortunately we are hosted on a platform so sometimes stuff like this is out of our hands. We don't tend to mess about with extensions as last time we did it, we lost the site for a week, and we kind of fixed it by accident!

Leave it with us and we'll see what we can do.

I thought i'd make you aware incase others had issues. I'm happy enough to use the Samsung browser. 

6 hours ago, Al k said:

Hi guys

I am having an issue that only affect this site when using my mobile. It starts freezing then i get error message saying google has had to stop, watch disconnects and i have to wait until my phone responds only on this site. i have a save webpage i use to access. 

Mobile is Samsung galaxy S21 ultra 5g, Android 13, One UI version 5.1 and on latest samsung and software. I use brave browser App version 1.49.129 Chromium 111.0.5563.116 

Appears to be ok on Samsung browser, unsure if its an issue with brave browser or other chromium based browser?

Hello there,

I had an older Brave app (146) installed on my Galaxy S21 FE. Browsed for 5 mins and it was all good.

I updated it to the one you mentioned, browsed again for 5 mins and it also seems absolutely fine. 

I'm sorry this site seems to be troubling your phone/apps @Al k

I would need a few others to test it out and see if it as wider spread issue. If anyone wants to volunteer? 

6 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Just to chime in on this, I'm also recently seeing some issues with the site when I'm on my phone (Pixel 6 Pro) - I'm using the Hermit wrapper browser. No idea if it's Chromium based or not, and it's not a constant problem, just occasional.

I downloaded Hermit and browsed the site for a while. Seems to be working fine for me too. Using a Galaxy S21 FE with the latest software updates.

My Google Chrome and all background system apps are all updated to latest software. 

Sorry you and @Al k are having problems @SanguinePar.

If yous can keep us updated on your issues that would be great. 

Please make sure all your background system apps are up-to-date and any apps installed from the Galaxy store are updated from that app, and not from the Play Store. I've seen both apps try to update from either and can make the phone a bit wonky sometimes. 

• Upvote 1