Fife Cup

Superally

Not heard much about this tournament for a few years but I see that Raith Rovers beat Kelty Hearts on Pens after drawing 2-2 over the weekend. Just wondered if this is in the schedule for the Pars or do we send a youth team to compete? I do remember a final wasn't played due to covid. Apparently it is a very old competition established in 1882, with the Pars winning the first final against Cowdenbeath 4-1 at Ladys Mill Dunfermline. The Pars initially played as team associated with the cricket club from 1876, nine years before we were became firmly established in 1885  

13 hours ago, Superally said:

Not heard much about this tournament for a few years but I see that Raith Rovers beat Kelty Hearts on Pens after drawing 2-2 over the weekend. Just wondered if this is in the schedule for the Pars or do we send a youth team to compete? I do remember a final wasn't played due to covid. Apparently it is a very old competition established in 1882, with the Pars winning the first final against Cowdenbeath 4-1 at Ladys Mill Dunfermline. The Pars initially played as team associated with the cricket club from 1876, nine years before we were became firmly established in 1885  

I am being extremely pedantic here but I don't think the original Dunfermline club were ever known as The Pars 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Stanza said:

There are a lot more clubs taking part now, with the transition from the junior ranks of Dundonald, Hill of Beath and St Andrews. I wouldn't imagine those clubs would treat it as a youth event.

I think they would to an extent. They've all got U20's sides and would use that to give them game time as well. These sides all have a pretty packed schedule at the start of the season with their own cup games too.