Viaplay

Al k

So the bubbles burst, they are broadcasting the rest of the league cup groups games but no-one sure what will happen afterwards.

CEO gone, 25% staff out, pulling of of UK broadcasts and scaling back on their Nordic TV.

Chance of Scotland games coming to terrestrial TV? Or Sky likely to jump in with a reduce offer and FIFA quids in again at our detriment?

I'm waiting to see what happens with the Scotland games before I cancel as that is why I bought it, but since the money is in the bank, you've got to think both the SFA and UEFA alike will be looking to cash in with some free money for new TV deals rather than just letting them go unaired, with the likes of BBC/ITV/Channel 4/Sky/TNT waiting in the wings hoping to secure a bargain? This could work in everyone's favour...

19 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Very glad I didn't spring for the package they were offering recently.

Will this affect the league cup beyond TV coverage? Will the sponsorship go? And prize money?

I managd to get it for £11.99 a month so won't lose out if I cancel. 

The games scheduled to be covered will now only be on their streaming service online, it not on TV. I can hook that up to my TV though so not fussed about that. The sponsorship/prize money is in the bank, and won't be refunded. That's why I'm saying it's free money to renegotiate.

• Upvote 1