Dundee Utd - ticket price

2 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Part of me agrees with you. But also, we heard that last year and romped the league, so... :-)

We’re also a lot weaker and smaller squad than last year, we have meant to have a budget but no sign of it being used. Also harder league not gonna be as easy as last year 

Yesterday, I spoke to the Dundee Utd SLO and the ticket office at Tannadice. This is my understanding of the ticket price structure.

They have 3 selling periods for season tickets - renewal, discount, and full. They're now at the full pricing stage. Prices have stayed the same as last season, meaning the most expensive season ticket for a top tier seat is £500. As you might expect, season ticket holders would normally pay less per game than PATG, meaning a walk-up ticket price of £27 was arrived at. Of course, last seasons price was divided by 19 games, so it's not quite the value for money you'd expect when there are only 18 home games in the Championship!!

I did, of course, point out how ridiculous the ticket pricing is when compared with other Championship clubs, and that away fans couldn't care less about how they've arrived at their pricing. £27 for a Scottish football 2nd tier match is quite simply outrageous. I've asked for this view to be relayed to the DUFC board, which I'm assured they have been.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, SRBpar said:

Could also mention lack of transfer activity. Fingers crossed don’t get usual crap response of working hard signing close etc 

That is the truth though. I know for a fact contracts have been offered but players have more than one option. Citing other teams as having done it is comparing apples and lemons. We’re not them and they’re not us. Our dealings in the transfer market have been good since he came in so I think they deserve a bit more latitude and trust than they are being given. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Digs said:

That is the truth though. I know for a fact contracts have been offered but players have more than one option. Citing other teams as having done it is comparing apples and lemons. We’re not them and they’re not us. Our dealings in the transfer market have been good since he came in so I think they deserve a bit more latitude and trust than they are being given. 

Players will almost always have more than one option, indeed I’d be quite worried if we’re going after players who nobody else wants.   I think the question is more are we doing enough to make us the preferred option. 

The players being brought into the club have been of the right quality and suited the club well, I can’t complain that we haven’t successfully done our homework in getting them in,  that success, and obviously with the results last season gives the recruitment team a fair bit of leeway.  

However it’s still raises the question over why we aren’t getting enough players in, especially on timings. What is slowing our recruitment process up?  There is zero doubt without major movement this week that we are weaker going into this season a league up than what we ended the season on,  that shouldn’t happen and we need to be looking at what can be done to improve the process.   Maybe the answer is they are happy with the process and are not bothered if it keeps meaning we blow our chances to get out the groups in the league cup and have a slow first quarter of the season. 

2 hours ago, Digs said:

Unfortunately like a lot of fans I am not in the know of what the club is doing. Hence the venting on an open forum. 

I still think we are slow in the market and but the meggle interview in the courier sounds like too many people involved on our side in the negotiations for players.

I also think the club should be doing more to get the players they want into the club.

the fans have backed year on year. And a brilliant effort with season tickets, travelling support, lifeline, walk ups to stadium. This should be rewarded with signings that the team desperately needs.

im not saying the dealings are bad or that the club or manager are doing anything bad, but they are painfully slow at getting players over the line. What can be done to solve this as it’s not just this window it’s been since we were taken over.

• Upvote 1