Scottish Cup: The Pars v The Wee Team

Superally

1 hour ago, Lochalsh Par said:

Pretty much spot on. We had a really good set up at the back last year but losing Bene has made things very difficult. JM has had to play around with the defence which has impacted on the midfield choices. This then reduces options to go forward. Strikers that cannot score with the chances they get does not help one bit. JM has to work something out in the short term. Maybe siting tight and hitting on the break / long ball option. Not pretty but who cares if it gets points.

I think we've tried sitting tight and its not working.  There's really not much we can do to be more defensively sound,  every single defensive minded player is already on the pitch.

• Like 1

Couple of shocks in the 3rd round. Arbroath beaten by Spartans, Hamilton beaten by Kelty. Ayr equalised in the 96th minute v Peterhead, currently extra time, same as Dundee United v QOS. Need to be winning on Tuesday against big Dick's lot.

Edited by scottyboy
Dundee United knocked out on penalties.

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

Couple of shocks in the 3rd round. Arbroath beaten by Spartans, Hamilton beaten by Kelty. Ayr equalised in the 96th minute v Peterhead, currently extra time, same as Dundee United v QOS. Need to be winning on Tuesday against big Dick's lot.

Dick Campbell's just resigned.

2 hours ago, livipar2 said:

I think Breen is also a big miss. Especially in the air. That second Rovers goal feels like the type of goal he’d help prevent.

If it fell to him 1 on 1 yes,  but it felt to me much more like an organisation error which isn't something he'd help with, only bene would do that,   The cross fingers and hope he doesn't get injured approach seems more mental by the day and yet over a year after his importance was obvious that continues to be our only plan and we are suffering as a result.

Edited by parsforlife

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

If it fell to him 1 on 1 yes,  but it felt to me much more like an organisation error which isn't something he'd help with, only bene would do that,   The cross fingers and hope he doesn't get injured approach seems more mental by the day and yet over a year after his importance was obvious that continues to be our only plan and we are suffering as a result.

More thinking that the original ball is headed back where it came from.