Scottish Cup: The Pars v The Wee Team

Superally

Laughable some Of these boys got signed up again after beating painters and plumbers last season. Mehmet must’ve been blowing the ink dry on his 3 year deal when he signed. One of the worst pars goalies I’ve seen and couldn’t care less about what records he got against Kelty hearts and Edinburgh city, step up to some real quality and he’s found out like last time at this level. Not just him, we’ve got too many boys here that got us relegated last time and are showing again they aren’t up to this standard 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thing is they have showed they're up to this standard in quite a lot of games so far this season. 

I can think of Ayr at home and Thistle away were we've been poor. We've competed pretty well in just about every other game.

Decent points tally would back this up.

We were pish tonight. I'm over it already. Said it elsewhere but folk need to take a step back when we lose a game. Embarrassing stuff at times.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Thing is they have showed they're up to this standard in quite a lot of games so far this season. 

I can think of Ayr at home and Thistle away were we've been poor. We've competed pretty well in just about every other game.

Decent points tally would back this up.

We were pish tonight. I'm over it already. Said it elsewhere but folk need to take a step back when we lose a game. Embarrassing stuff at times.

Have they? Could be 4th come Tuesday but it’s paper over cracks imo. 1 win out last 7, 5 defeats too. Genuinely don’t know who Mcpake will pick Tuesday night. Hardest one will be who to start in goals as they all ship goals and the defence can’t have much confidence in what’s behind them

just because someone has a different opinion on how they see things isn't embarrassing btw

45 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Have they? Could be 4th come Tuesday but it’s paper over cracks imo. 1 win out last 7, 5 defeats too. Genuinely don’t know who Mcpake will pick Tuesday night. Hardest one will be who to start in goals as they all ship goals and the defence can’t have much confidence in what’s behind them

just because someone has a different opinion on how they see things isn't embarrassing btw

I didn't mean you, sorry. I meant people asking for the manager to be sacked when we lose a game. 

I just don't see loads wrong in the games I've attended, except those 2 I mentioned.

Absolutely miles away from sacking the manager that’s crazy, my overall point is that some of these boys have had 3 managers at this level and not seem to be improving at all, can’t just always blame managers. In football you’ve got to be ruthless to improve and the only negative I’ll say of Mcpake is that he’s been too loyal to guys that done well last season, who actually couldn’t even get a game for us last time round in this division 

9 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Not like Grant to pile on I must say.

Folk need to calm down a wee bit

You being one of them of course, there's been nothing close to a "pile on" from me. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I didn't mean you, sorry. I meant people asking for the manager to be sacked when we lose a game. 

I just don't see loads wrong in the games I've attended, except those 2 I mentioned.

No one on here has said McPake should be sacked as far as I can see, if you're going to moan about posters, or posts in general do it in the relevant forum, cheers. 

You can add last night's shambles to that list also of course. 

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Absolutely miles away from sacking the manager that’s crazy, my overall point is that some of these boys have had 3 managers at this level and not seem to be improving at all, can’t just always blame managers. In football you’ve got to be ruthless to improve and the only negative I’ll say of Mcpake is that he’s been too loyal to guys that done well last season, who actually couldn’t even get a game for us last time round in this division 

You can blame the manager when they give said players a contract, out of the player used last night have any of them not had there contract extended by McPake? I don't think Edwards has, but he's certainly not the problem. Allan also, I'm not sure when his contract was extended. 

Recruitment is massive, Raith have got it bang on and are seing the rewards, we haven't. I'm not sure on the structure of our recruitment process when it comes to identifying targets, but it needs reviewed. 

Our midfield out of possession are dredful. Allan and Chalmers just don't like closing players down. They're both too soft and slow. We need Hamilton and O'too in there but due to our lack of options at CB we can't play them in their proper positions.

We play with 3 centre backs but only have three centre backs in the squad. We need more players in the door and not some kids to invest in. Proven top end championship players. Start showing some desire to compete for promotion. Guys like Wighton, Jakubiak,Chalmers, Deniz, Comrie and Allan are just not going to take this club further. 

Edited by Tartan Army Par

In fairness Jakubaik is a top end championship player, he was a starter last year in a Dundee side that got promotion.

The drama comes in that the system we're asking him to play is completely different to that. We've signed players that don't match the system that McPake wants to play, our recruitment is just an utter mess. 

Even little things like we've signed KRH, a great player but we're not going to get the best out of him by playing him as a wing back, but then we haven't played with wide midfielders all season... 

MoH isn't a wing back either, but here we are, have a two year deal. 

Jak and MoH would've been highlighted by the management team which is what I don't get, these signed these players knowing them, knowing the system they wanted to play, and done it anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Our manager has done well since coming in. No way should his job should be under threat. It obvious we need a goalscorer. If we had been clinical and taken our chances last night, we'd have still been beaten. Hats aff to Raith, they played really good throughout the match. After the first 5 minutes, they looked determined to win it. That season we went down, we never looked like cannon fodder either, but still ended up losers. It really needs the board to take us to the next level.

Edited by scottyboy

42 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It was obvious last season we needed a goalscorer and absolutely nothing has been done to remedy that. And we created nothing last night apart from one shot from Moffatt. Very concerned.

For me the second part impacts the first part... I put a post up last night saying as such but we're not creating good chances, is that because our strikers aren't getting in the right areas, or is it because of the set up? 

We can't really impact the personal we have at the moment, so what we need to figure out is how to get the best ouf the attacking players we have at the club. The most impressive thing McPake done last season was evaluating the players he had and getting the system bang on to get the best of of them, that's not happening at the moment. He's shown he can do it, he needs to come up with somethjng else until we get Bene back. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grant said:

For me the second part impacts the first part... I put a post up last night saying as such but we're not creating good chances, is that because our strikers aren't getting in the right areas, or is it because of the set up? 

We can't really impact the personal we have at the moment, so what we need to figure out is how to get the best ouf the attacking players we have at the club. The most impressive thing McPake done last season was evaluating the players he had and getting the system bang on to get the best of of them, that's not happening at the moment. He's shown he can do it, he needs to come up with somethjng else until we get Bene back. 

Pretty much spot on. We had a really good set up at the back last year but losing Bene has made things very difficult. JM has had to play around with the defence which has impacted on the midfield choices. This then reduces options to go forward. Strikers that cannot score with the chances they get does not help one bit. JM has to work something out in the short term. Maybe siting tight and hitting on the break / long ball option. Not pretty but who cares if it gets points.