Scottish Cup: The Pars v The Wee Team

Superally

Just now, rosythpar said:

McPake could be away very soon and it would not be a shock. Absolutely pathetic and some of the contracts he has handed out are a disgrace.

The two year deal for O’halloran was worrying. 

The extension for Chalmers seemed a bit soon. 

The three years for Mehmet though? Christ. 

2 minutes ago, Grant said:

In terms of him losing his job I don't think it's even near to that tbh, don't think he's under pressure. If the investors real aim was just to avoid relegation (pitiful if true) he'll be safe. 

For me I've got massive concerns tbh, not at all convinced McPake knows how to resolve these issues. Wonder when the next supporters meeting will be? 

3 minutes ago, Al k said:

Easy some poor performances but unless we get relegated he shouldn't be in any danger.

Siginings need to be sorted out tho, all the talk about waiting to bring in the right player doesn't wash when you sign someone like Jakubiak at the very end of a window to sort out the goal issues.

I'm more meaning in terms of keeping the fans onside, I don't think he will be sacked. I just think fans are getting fed of watching the same types of performances every single week and problems we had last year (putting the ball in the net) not getting addressed. 

• Upvote 3

I really wished we could have emptied the place, with the player's who won us relegation, but we were obviously stuck with their contracts. Sam Stanton is correct, stating they were the better team. Moffat was the only player for us that looked like creating something for us. Hope this training ground pays dividends, otherwise the board have to find a better player to match the manager's ambition. Scoreline flattered us, should have been more. Penalty was never one, whether we had scored, don't think would have made a difference. Cmon the board, back the manager in the next window.

1 minute ago, Grant said:

The two year deal for O’halloran was worrying. 

The extension for Chalmers seemed a bit soon. 

The three years for Mehmet though? Christ. 

You'd hope it was three years on reduced terms. Still was a shocker at the time. 

Two big games next week for us. Lose both we are in the relegation mix, win and we can have a decent gap in the play off places. A horrid run of form and team I though looked knackered at points.

I tend to be more pessimistic when it comes to the pars but we are miles away from looking like a team going for promotion. I don't want to be naming players but since Grant we are weaker up front, midfield still full of passengers (Not Chalmers) and at this level shipping silly goals. 4 rovers shots on target tonight.

29 minutes ago, Roger Daltrey said:

It's the German investors credit that is running out for me. No way McPake was backed in the summer. Serious concerns about the abilities of our owners.

Hope I'm proven wrong. 

100% agree.   Anyone read the courier article about rovers considering joining the reserve league?  One line that jumped out was from Murray stating they would like youth teams etc but they knew they had to get the first team right first, looks to be doing them a hell of a lot more good than our plan which seems to our first team as the bottom of the list.

24 minutes ago, Grant said:

KRH and Otoo won't have been cheap, neither will the contract extensions for McCann and Todd, we paid Money for Fisher aswell? Heard from a couple of different people that our finances don't look great tbh. 

I’ve heard it said about our finances as well which if true I find really difficult to understand.  We’ve ran with far bigger squad, far more experienced players with a couple of marquee players like Clark in there earning that bit more and generating profits while doing so.  How now with more season ticket sales, KDM investing and Nisbet money is there not something more available for the first team?  Training ground etc was all meant to be covered from the Hamburg investment so we can’t point to that.

Only positive tonight is 3 is all they got.

47 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

100% agree.   Anyone read the courier article about rovers considering joining the reserve league?  One line that jumped out was from Murray stating they would like youth teams etc but they knew they had to get the first team right first, looks to be doing them a hell of a lot more good than our plan which seems to our first team as the bottom of the list.

I’ve heard it said about our finances as well which if true I find really difficult to understand.  We’ve ran with far bigger squad, far more experienced players with a couple of marquee players like Clark in there earning that bit more and generating profits while doing so.  How now with more season ticket sales, KDM investing and Nisbet money is there not something more available for the first team?  Training ground etc was all meant to be covered from the Hamburg investment so we can’t point to that.

Only positive tonight is 3 is all they got.

Our off the pitch costs have went up though, previously RM worked for free, while David Cook picks up a wage, do we not have a new commercial guy aswell? 

The moneys going somewhere, I mightve just been told false gen but it doesn't sound like we're flush. After the high of beating Falkirk to the title to that tonight. Brutal.