Scottish Cup: The Pars v The Wee Team

Superally

This Saturday the Pars have a break from league for a return to Scottish Cup action. Sadly, the opponent is far too familiar as Raith Rovers will head to East End Park giving us our third encounter with the wee team this season. Thus far games between the two have been close with Rovers just edging out two 1-0 wins, but in truth the games were too close to call. League form would suggest that the wee team have a slight edge. However, the Pars are showing signs of getting back to the form we would expect with players returning from injury leaving only Breen, Bene and Tod on the treatment table. It’s a Friday night game and on the council TV so it’s likely that the crowds will take a hit but it’s a derby and you will still expect in excess of 5K. With two very close games already I think the Pars with home advantage might just edge this - with one going off the post! 1-0 Pars COYP.

not looking forward to this I'm afraid they clearly have a goal in them, Full of confidence.

They've gone put and signed a defender to cover injuries while we will know doubt pit out another make shift defence.

We could do with a cup run for purely financial reasons but I can't see us doing anything on Friday.

2-0 rovers and having our faces rubbed in it again 

We have been the better team in the last two league games and should've taken at least something from them, so hopefully this time with a bit better finishing we will get the drop of the ball we've been missing. They can't keep being this lucky all season. 

1-0 Pars.

If we can do what we haven’t been doing recently i.e. take our chances and not concede a soft goal or 2 we should have a good chance.

Defensively I’d be keen to get Corrie into the back 3 with Fisher and Otoo. I think it makes us better defensively and also frees up Hamilton to play in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Digs said:

We have been the better team in the last two league games and should've taken at least something from them, so hopefully this time with a bit better finishing we will get the drop of the ball we've been missing. They can't keep being this lucky all season. 

1-0 Pars.

It’s getting to the point now it’s beyond luck for them.  They’re a decent side, are playing well, and right now look a better team than us - certainly more consistent and clinical.  

We need them to have an off day and for us to have a good 90+ minutes, and hopefully we can give them a result that knocks them for a bit, and gives us something to kick on with.  

3 hours ago, Digs said:

1-0 Pars.

We haven't been the better team in either league game,  we lost both and neither were by ridiculous bad luck nor farcical refereeing decisions.  

We may have done some things better than them,  but football is entirely about putting the ball in the net more than your opponents and they have done that better than us.

They certainly aren't good enough we should be concerned about them, beating them is more than within our capabilities. But they aren't a point per game better off than us by accident either.

Edited by parsforlife