The Pars v Arbroath

Superally

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

Honestly pars fans can be mental lol! 
if we win on Tuesday then we will be 4th and we all know this season is to consolidate our position in the championship. If any pars fan looks at the board meetings etc it’s a 7 year plan… The ground in Rosyth has started and will house all teams etc…. Patience is a virtue😅

7 years from when? 

6 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Honestly pars fans can be mental lol! 
if we win on Tuesday then we will be 4th and we all know this season is to consolidate our position in the championship. If any pars fan looks at the board meetings etc it’s a 7 year plan… The ground in Rosyth has started and will house all teams etc…. Patience is a virtue😅

I have heard the 7 year plan thing, but we are in year 4 and what’s been achieved? Half? Built training ground, rebadged fife elite, no sign of an improved scouting network. They’ve never really said what the end goal is but it needs to be better than just getting into the top flight,  that has always been our goal and only should need to be a 1-2 year plan. 

McPake said our goal was to survive in the league this season. Whether he said that believing privately something different isn't relevant, we just need to stay up (although convincingly so)

I have to say, that's a minimum expectation and it was always going to be a tough slog (as this league always is). 

I'm not happy with our results but most of our performances haven't been that off the mark, it's generally lack of competent finishing that our main issue. I'm not sure there's any immediate fix apart from keep working hard at training to improve on our tactics/finishing/positioning/ awareness in front of goal etc. Then in January see if there's a competent striker we can sign. 

There's no doubt we have to do better, and I do believe there is an urgency to this, but I'm not panicking about it just yet. I believe we will improve and if we do so quickly enough then we potentially give ourselves a play off spot. Securing a play off spot is a successful season for us imo.

Right now we're not a big club and our lack of success backs that up. What we are is a club with a huge amount of potential to become big (in Scottish terms). We need to get a combination of things right across the club to achieve any level of success. A couple of major things for me are 1. Consistency in a manager, being brave enough to allow McPake time to get it right, 2. Developing a sense unity from top to bottom at the club through having a realistic strategy that's effectively communicated. That sounds simple, but we know it's not, but if we continue to work hard we have a chance.

We've got to back our club, that's our job as fans. I've already heard wuckfits shouting about sacking McPake and more retarded utterances filled with expletives. As much as that doesn't surprise me, I'd like the team to win more just to shut these kuntz up 😆 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Raymie said:

One thing that’s always puzzled me is why our scout is at OUR games?

answers on a postcard please

Could be a test to how their views on players align with management's? 

Comparing each others notes from the same game?

Highly unlikely but the only reason I can think offhand. 

14 hours ago, Piracy said:

McPake said our goal was to survive in the league this season. Whether he said that believing privately something different isn't relevant, we just need to stay up (although convincingly so)

I really disagree with that.  We keep hearing from people involved at the club about how **** results should be acceptable,  its maybe done deliberately(there was a point made about not mentioning promotion last year until it was sealed) to manage expectations but just staying up isn't acceptable.  I don't know why we want to say it is,  there is absolutely nothing wrong with setting achievable goals and holding yourself to account publicly over them. 

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I really disagree with that.  We keep hearing from people involved at the club about how **** results should be acceptable,  its maybe done deliberately(there was a point made about not mentioning promotion last year until it was sealed) to manage expectations but just staying up isn't acceptable.  I don't know why we want to say it is,  there is absolutely nothing wrong with setting achievable goals and holding yourself to account publicly over them. 

Me personally I've only heard from McPake himself at supporters events say our goal was to stay up. I can only take him at his word. Of course in private they could be saying top 4 minimum, but I can't substantiate that. Staying up might be the goal set they actually set, maybe not. That goal might be low in some supporters opinion, but it's still a goal.

My own opinion is that we should be doing better, and need to do better soon or we're fecked. The one fact is we need to stay up, or it's a bad situation. I'm not saying we should not be looking for a top 4 finish, but the way we're going that will be a struggle if we dont find a way to start winning regularly in the very near future.

5 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Me personally I've only heard from McPake himself at supporters events say our goal was to stay up. I can only take him at his word. Of course in private they could be saying top 4 minimum, but I can't substantiate that. Staying up might be the goal set they actually set, maybe not. That goal might be low in some supporters opinion, but it's still a goal.

My own opinion is that we should be doing better, and need to do better soon or we're fecked. The one fact is we need to stay up, or it's a bad situation. I'm not saying we should not be looking for a top 4 finish, but the way we're going that will be a struggle if we dont find a way to start winning regularly in the very near future.

I have the same publicly available info as you,  and that is our club is happy with failure,  its not a goal to say we should stay up,  its a very minimum requirement for there not to be severe changes in the club, including several members of the management and board ****ing off.   Mcpake saying 8th is ok is just him saying if he gets that he hopes to keep his job which is what anyone would say.

If we finish 8th there's alot of people who maybe around next season but must know that they have severely ****ed up and need to pull themselves together very very quickly.   We need to demand a reasonable standard at this club and 8th in the championship is a ****ing mile away from that.

• Upvote 1