The Pars v Arbroath

Superally

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I have the same publicly available info as you,  and that is our club is happy with failure,  its not a goal to say we should stay up,  its a very minimum requirement for there not to be severe changes in the club, including several members of the management and board ****ing off.   Mcpake saying 8th is ok is just him saying if he gets that he hopes to keep his job which is what anyone would say.

If we finish 8th there's alot of people who maybe around next season but must know that they have severely ****ed up and need to pull themselves together very very quickly.   We need to demand a reasonable standard at this club and 8th in the championship is a ****ing mile away from that.

First of all, you're coming across a bit frustrated and you should really vent your frustration at the club. Have you booked a ticket for the supporters night?, always an opportunity to put direct questions to those making the decisions at the club.

I've gave you my own opinion. We need to do better, I'm becoming a bit impatient but I'm trying to remain pragmatic about our current situation. 

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

First of all, you're coming across a bit frustrated and you should really vent your frustration at the club. Have you booked a ticket for the supporters night?, always an opportunity to put direct questions to those making the decisions at the club.

I've gave you my own opinion. We need to do better, I'm becoming a bit impatient but I'm trying to remain pragmatic about our current situation. 

I am frustrated,  I haven't booked a ticket for the supporters meeting as I can't attend, something I have sadly never been able to do.  I am relieved to see it move slot from its usual Thursday night slot as I felt sticking to one night of the week was prohibitive to some fans unfortunately both Tuesday's and Thursday's are difficult for me,  but I can't expect the club to move around my personal schedule.

I respect your own opinion, I hope I wasn't too disparaging of that. 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I am frustrated,  I haven't booked a ticket for the supporters meeting as I can't attend, something I have sadly never been able to do.  I am relieved to see it move slot from its usual Thursday night slot as I felt sticking to one night of the week was prohibitive to some fans unfortunately both Tuesday's and Thursday's are difficult for me,  but I can't expect the club to move around my personal schedule.

I respect your own opinion, I hope I wasn't too disparaging of that. 

Nae issues

• Upvote 2

What McPake actually said was, the FIRST goal is to try and stay up, he's never once said 8th is acceptable. They had the same last year, an evolving set of goals that change and progress as certain milestones are hit. First goal is to ensure we stay in the league, but if we are ahead of our schedule and it looks like we can achieve more, the goals change. To what, I don't know but presumably the next goal would be top 6 finish, or top four/playoff finish from there. 

This has always been the way they do things since McPake came in, they don't just decide on one aim at the start and pile forward towards that not deviating from the plan if things go awry. I'm fairly sure they didn't account for having so many injuries this season (or the squad would be bigger) so they will absolutely have had to adapt the plan in terms of points targets by certain points as I'm sure they would have thought they'd have had a couple more by now.

Surprised not to see McPakes team preview on Cows thus far. ATM i have difficulty picking a team for tonight. of indeed a formation. I think Mehmet will play as will McCann for the purposes of offering height as Arbroath will try to utilize the set plays to take advantage. Comrie might come into a back three allowing Otoo to push up into midfield. That may mean KRH might just appear from the bench. That leaves a choice between Allan and Chalmers. I think I just prefer the latter. Moffat gets the nood over Todd who didn.t look quite up to speed - but probably needs game time. The game against ICT the team probably would have picked its self. After last week its a lottery. Hopefully Summers might feature even if its on the bench.      

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Aye that lineup doesn't enthuse me, I'd like to see McPake just change it up, we've been awful to watch for a while now, we can't get anything really working going forward with the 5, and Allan and Chalmers don't work together. 

Well, it's been as poor as predicted. Once again a tough, tough watch. Not quite sure what McPakes plan is here really.