The Pars v Arbroath

Superally

After an absolutely dismal performance last time out the Pars face a catch-up home game against Arbroath giving them the opportunity to make up ground and gain some respect in front of the faithful. Arbroath don’t have their problems to seek either and after some dismal league performances and a cup defeat against Spartans “The Bunnet” resigned, leaving The Red Lichties managerless in ninth place in the league. The Pars managed a draw in their last league game but were the dominant team against a resurgent ICT side hitting the woodwork on 8 occasions. However, it is clear that the Pars have only managed one clean sheet this season and while creating chances are failing to convert. Still to play this season much will depend on if Arbroath get a player reaction from their departed manager and if the Pars can concentrate on a league campaign with any degree of confidence. The Pars sit fifth three points ahead and have the opportunity to go fourth with a win. This like other Championship games will be another tough fixture, hopefully the Pars have enough within themself to win. The first goal will be so important. 1-0 Pars COYP

Tod and KRH will be on from the start, think the players will give a reaction. 

Don't think theres much confidence about the squad. Narrow victory for me, can't have Allan and Chalmers playing together its one or the other for me Otto in with Chalmers. 

McCann needs dropped, I'd give Jakubiak one more chance with Wighton. 

• Upvote 1

Chalmers and Allan are the same players, midfield far too passive with them in it. I’d go 4-4-1-1

Sharp

Comrie Fisher Otoo Edwards

KRH Hamilton Allan Moffat

Todd

Wighton

Could be any picks for strikers and either chalmers or Allan as they’ve been miles off it. Fisher is lucky there’s no other CB’s as he’s been off the boil for a while too

Edited by kelty_par

Had booked train tickets a week ago but seriously wondering not to make the trip having watched on Friday. What a difference from the second half against  Dundee  Utd when I was happy with the performance and thought we were worthy of a draw.  I wasn’t even angry with Friday’s performance , just dismayed.

2 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Home win guaranteed. Think I'll fire along on Tuesday night. 3-1 

Oh I wish I had your optimism.  I think it’s going to be a very difficult night.  We are devoid of confidence and cohesion throughout the spine of our team.  Maybe the change of manager at Arbroath will lift us rather than them.  We do need to win one of the next two games or things really start to feel a bit dark.

8 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Otto and Hamilton should be in midfield but we have 2 CB’s injured..Allen and Chalmers cannot play together in CM..Allen is way of the pace and Chalmers just likes moving the ball and can’t tackle.

This is the problem. Injuries will happen but our cover at CB is midfielders and a right back. We need to get a natural centre back in to give cover and keep the back three on their toes. The squad is too thin. 

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Oh I wish I had your optimism.  I think it’s going to be a very difficult night.  We are devoid of confidence and cohesion throughout the spine of our team.  Maybe the change of manager at Arbroath will lift us rather than them.  We do need to win one of the next two games or things really start to feel a bit dark.

If Dick had been still around, he would have been trying to get the crowd on the players back. I really expect a reaction from us. We really should be beating them on Tuesday, otherwise we'll be needing an influx of players come the New Year.

A back four seems the sensible way to go until we have Benedictus and Breen available? 
That would mean Hamilton or Otoo could play in midfield. It would also allow Hosler and Moffat to concentrate more on attacking rather than having to track back so much. 
I would also give Wighton a few games. Jakubiak has as much chance of scoring as I do. 

comrie  fisher Hamilton Edwards

Allan Otoo

Hosler Todd Moffat

Wighton 

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

This is the problem. Injuries will happen but our cover at CB is midfielders and a right back. We need to get a natural centre back in to give cover and keep the back three on their toes. The squad is too thin. 

100% and backs the point up that I made saying rovers go get someone on a 6 week deal to deal with the issue. We just try make do and it’s backfired

11 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Honestly pars fans can be mental lol! 
if we win on Tuesday then we will be 4th and we all know this season is to consolidate our position in the championship. If any pars fan looks at the board meetings etc it’s a 7 year plan… The ground in Rosyth has started and will house all teams etc…. Patience is a virtue😅

A 7 year plan to get into the top flight? Cmon that’s a load of pish! Livingston on a fraction of our budget managed to do back to back promotions and have been great in the top flight until this season. 4th for me the now would just be paper over the cracks, plus it’s so tight at the minute we are only a defeat or 2 away from 9th