The Pars v Arbroath

Superally

57 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Scrambled a point from that, arbroath in complete control and had just won a corner, ideal for keeping on top and a chance for a 2nd then 2 of them decide to start fighting.  Big let off to get us back into the game

Not at the game and the stats were very poor for the most part. Arbroath did manage to injure two players, one with a possible broken cheek bone. We could have actually won if, as I predicted, Wighton had scored twice. We have sometimes played very well and lost points. What goes around comes around

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, livipar2 said:

A point gained then. Surely you have to factor in the injuries? 2 big players off in the first half again.

Do 2 injuries make players unable to pass the ball five yards to each other or ?

We were shocking in every a way

It is a point gained but we were terrible and it took Arbroath players fighting each other to get us into the game, because until then we offered nothing in a attacking sense and Arbroath had 3 or 4 chances they should've taken.

It was the type of performance that seemed like the players just expected to turn up and win without doing the hard work to earn it

Wasn’t at the game, but seems to look like we got away with one. First bit of luck we’ve had in that regard all season. Signings are looking like a must in January now if that’s Hamilton out long term too. Centre half and a centre mid are the priority for me. Defo need another striker too but doubt it’ll happen

22 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Scrambled a point from that, arbroath in complete control and had just won a corner, ideal for keeping on top and a chance for a 2nd then 2 of them decide to start fighting.  Big let off to get us back into the game

**** me. I didn't realise he was fighting with his own player. Thanks for the point.

IMG_20231224_162823.jpg

IMG_20231224_162634.jpg

On 23/12/2023 at 17:51, parsforlife said:

Scrambled a point from that, arbroath in complete control and had just won a corner, ideal for keeping on top and a chance for a 2nd then 2 of them decide to start fighting.  Big let off to get us back into the games we lost 

I don't doubt we were lucky to come away with a point but I can recall plenty of games we've lost when we were the better team. Let's take the point and move on.

23 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I don't doubt we were lucky to come away with a point but I can recall plenty of games we've lost when we were the better team. Let's take the point and move on.

take the point and move on is my overwhelming feeling.  A point when playing badly isn’t too much to complain about. Disagree on that we’ve been clearly the better team in a lot of games where we dropped points, I can’t remember any this season.

Just watched the highlights. Why haven't they shown the Hamilton and Mccann injuries, were they so bad?

We could have easily won with the chances missed (Or easily lost with chances we gave Arbroath). This really needs someone in to look at this, how many glaring chances have we passed up this season alone? i don't think i have ever saw such a lack of composure from professionals. 

Can accepted players being pushed over by oppositions strength but Otto must have been pushed at least three times in the highlights, how are a referees so poor and getting worse. 

Before McPake we'd have been pumped that game once we lost the first goal. 

59 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

take the point and move on is my overwhelming feeling.  A point when playing badly isn’t too much to complain about. Disagree on that we’ve been clearly the better team in a lot of games where we dropped points, I can’t remember any this season.

I wasn't referring specifically to this season and didn't mean to imply that.

2 hours ago, Al k said:

Just watched the highlights. Why haven't they shown the Hamilton and Mccann injuries, were they so bad?

We could have easily won with the chances missed (Or easily lost with chances we gave Arbroath). This really needs someone in to look at this, how many glaring chances have we passed up this season alone? i don't think i have ever saw such a lack of composure from professionals. 

Can accepted players being pushed over by oppositions strength but Otto must have been pushed at least three times in the highlights, how are a referees so poor and getting worse. 

Before McPake we'd have been pumped that game once we lost the first goal. 

Otoo was fouled a couple of times where the ref needs to do better, for the goal tho it’s him who needs to be better.  Poor decision to try play out on the counter, as soon as he gets in front of bird he needs to make it his mission to punt the ball out.

On the injuries, Hamilton maybe looked bad on camera, it didn’t seem so bad in the ground but a cheekbone hit has a bit of severity.  McCann was your typical pulling up after a sprint hamstring deal.

• Upvote 2