Transfer window

Al k

27 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Apparently Rudden and Ashcroft to the wee team will be announced this afternoon. Really ****ing depressing times to be a pars fan 

I’m not certain I’d be getting too depressed about unsustainable spending at a rival club to land the likes of Ashcroft.  There’s a wee cautionary tale about short term spending somewhere.   And I’m not sure backing Ian Murray to this level will work out either.   Has he anything in his managerial career to back up the level of trust they’ve put in him….?  

I get that but the converse is that whilst Ashcroft is unlikely to win the ballon d'or he's better than what we have available at the moment (and provides proper centre half cover, not Hammy). We are sitting to close too the bottom for my liking, and last season's success was built on a solid defense, not scoring a ****-ton of goals. Don't think he would command superstar wages either but hey ho, happy to watch Raith build a championship contending squad.  

Edited by Boston Red Sox
My dyslexia has won the day
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

I get that but the converse is that whilst Ashcroft is unlikely to win the ballon d'or he's better than what we have available at the moment (and provides proper centre half cover, not Hammy). We are sitting to close too the bottom for my liking, and last season's success was built on a solid defense, not scoring a ****-ton of goals. Don't think he would command superstar wages either but hey ho, happy to watch Raith build a championship contending squad.  

Get all that bud.  But there’s no way what the rovers are doing is sustainable in the medium term never mind long term.  I just don’t see it working for them.  That dressing room they have now has some major egos in it, Turner a prime example.  Who by the way on his debut gave away a penalty.  It seems every player we are openly linked with signs for Rovers.  Maybe that’s their strategy to win more fans/get it right up us.  Which is fine, til they realise that 2k home crowds simply won’t pay that wage bill.

I don't understand blowing money with united in the league. Fair enough your up there but I'm not sure they are good enough for the playoffs either. 

Splash out when Livi are down, use some if the money for signings not loans. 

Let’s face reality… Rovers are a better club to sign for than us at the moment. How depressing is that? 
If the clubs board aren’t putting out money to sign players then McPake and the coaching staff have to get the best out the team winning games and getting the injured players back and playing. 
Let’s see what the team can do against Utd tomm…🤞

3 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Let’s face reality… Rovers are a better club to sign for than us at the moment. How depressing is that? 
If the clubs board aren’t putting out money to sign players then McPake and the coaching staff have to get the best out the team winning games and getting the injured players back and playing. 
Let’s see what the team can do against Utd tomm…🤞

I wouldn't say better club, better team? Aye I can't argue with that. I think they got Rudden on loan, so maybe it was down to where he went, rather than money. Lets face it, they have cash tae splash. Looking like a dogfight who goes up. They were looking good up to a few weeks ago, but seem to have hit a bad spell recently. Still think Utd will pip them.

Raith were also a more attractive prospect for players last season as we were a league below, and most of the season before when we were bottom/second bottom for most it as well. Given the league positions, in the short term, Raith are a more attractive option at the moment. If they are not handing out multi year deals, they should have some flexibility to reduce the wage bill if they need to in future seasons. Good luck to them, except against us (they've had enough of that already this season).

I get the frustration in our lack of activity, a bit more communication and a bit more evidence of some action from the board/German investors would be most welcome. The vision of the club having it's own training facilities and academy is the right for me though, difficult no doubt, but worth some short term pain/frustration. We've tried throwing excess money into the playing budget before, it was fine for a little while...

7 hours ago, Bucuresti Par said:

Raith were also a more attractive prospect for players last season as we were a league below, and most of the season before when we were bottom/second bottom for most it as well. Given the league positions, in the short term, Raith are a more attractive option at the moment. If they are not handing out multi year deals, they should have some flexibility to reduce the wage bill if they need to in future seasons. Good luck to them, except against us (they've had enough of that already this season).

I get the frustration in our lack of activity, a bit more communication and a bit more evidence of some action from the board/German investors would be most welcome. The vision of the club having it's own training facilities and academy is the right for me though, difficult no doubt, but worth some short term pain/frustration. We've tried throwing excess money into the playing budget before, it was fine for a little while...

The club can’t really win regarding transfer activity though.

They keep their cards close to their chest whilst working on multiple targets. Fans: Why aren’t we signing anyone? 

They let it be known who they are after. Fans: Why can’t we attract these players?

They're damned if they do and damned if they don’t. 

• Upvote 4