Roger Hyde

Stanza

Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters’ Club (DADSC) was shocked and saddened by the death on Sunday of our Treasurer, Roger Hyde, after a very short illness.

As well as being a lifelong Pars fan, Roger had been the DADSC Treasurer since 2016, and carefully managed our funds as they grew from about £1000 to over £72,000. We are now within touching distance of our target for funding work to make the 1st Floor function suites at KDM Group East End Park accessible to people with mobility issues - a project Roger was passionate about.

Much more importantly, he was a loving husband, father and grandfather to his wife Christine, his children Alan, Lorraine and Nicola, and his grandchildren Kirsten, Graeme, Amy, Rachel, Fraser and Adam, who are all devastated by the news - our thoughts go out to them.

Roger was a good man, and we will all miss him.

IMG_20240108_122056.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is devastating news - I have got to know Roger and his daughter Nicola over the last 7 years and I was shocked to hear this news last night - it was so sudden. He lead a full life and was passionate about his family and beloved Pars - I am going to miss him terribly 😢

13 hours ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Very very sad news. I have sat a few seats along from Roger for the past 20 plus years. Indeed I was chatting to him at the Partick game before Christmas. 

Great sense of humour, a kindly man and a true Par. 

I will miss him.

He had a wonderful dry sense of humour - I think its why we got on so well - he really reminded me of my own dad - I’m absolutely gutted 😢

• Upvote 2