Pars v Airdrie

51 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Mon to ****.

small moments are enjoyable in **** times, that doesn’t make them good times. You enjoy them briefly and then reality kicks in, those moments don’t make up for the ****, it’s when we compete and a genuinely good level that we can cheer, we haven’t done that in over a decade.

nothing achieved in league 1 is overall good times, it’s a shame on our club to be at the level.

I agree that good time are rare and worth celebrating.  I just don’t agree that league 1 is worth celebrating long term I’ll say that to anyone, don’t give a ****, players or managers may be happy with their individual performance and I don’t have a problem with that, they were employed to perform at that standard and achieved it but if they want to think that they were involved in a good moment in relative terms to where we should be I’ll laugh in their face, they are part of a very low moment in one of the worst generations of our history(set to be confirmed as joint worst if we don’t go up this year, the outright worst if we don’t go up next year)

Overall I really resent your ‘why do you even support the club’ attitude. That’s ****ed up, to turn it around, why the **** do you support the club if you’re happy to cheer failure? 

You’ve really made a huge thing out of a throwaway comment, and are going waaaay too deep into what I actually said even though I’ve explained it three times now. 

Boston was joking, I made a light hearted comment back, saying supporting a team like ours when there’s more ****e than good, is what makes the good times, when they come round fleetingly, more enjoyable. Winning the league was enjoyable, you said so yourself. I had a brilliant night. Then moved on. That’s it, that’s all I said and all I meant. It wasn’t a commentary on the relative merits of this achievement versus other successes in the past. You made it that, for reasons which are staggeringly unclear to me. And I look forward to the next good thing that happens, whatever and whenever that may be. Beating the Rovers to stop them winning the league, getting into the play offs by the skin of our teeth, if we do, maybe getting to the final game? Who knows.

That’s it, that’s literally it, ITS NOT THAT DEEP. What you’ve said in the start of the first paragraph is literally all I was saying and you’ve turned it into this whole big thing. 

Also, you wouldn’t laugh in anyone’s face because if you did that in the circumstances I described, you’d look like an idiot because not one person, anywhere, certainly not me at any point in this discussion has said it is something to celebrate long term, but those players will always have that medal and it’s one more medal than you will ever win. Leagues are won over a season and tables don’t lie. They deserve to be proud of their win. For that moment in time Any player should be proud of any medal they’ve ever won, at any level, because winning stuff is difficult, no matter what level you play at. That doesn’t mean they can’t aspire to be better, or being proud of their achievements means they are settling for mediocrity. Belittling that achievement, for reasons best known to you, doesn’t paint you in a great light if I’m honest. You just sound entitled. 

Im actually annoyed you’re making me say that, you’ve made a huge deal out of nothing here, and I’ve no idea why. I’m actually baffled as to how I’ve reached this point in the discussion. 

Game day and thanks to the new signing and recovery of Otoo and McCann there should be a decent starting 11 despite all the injuries. There’s unlikely to be much experience on the bench and this will be a tough match against a good Airdrie side. I think a draw will be a good result today.

• Upvote 1