Pars v Airdrie

34 minutes ago, Digs said:

Jeez, last season was a while ago eh? 🤣

I wouldn’t call last season good times, it was certainly nice to go to win a title, smash Falkirk and have a long unbeaten run but it was league 1 and that makes it almost impossible for the standard to be any better than ok.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Digs said:

New guy straight into the squad and Otoo and McCann both back, with the walking wounded having had 8 days to rest/recuperate. I'm a lot more optimistic about tomorrow now.

Beer prematch will help 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I wouldn’t call last season good times, it was certainly nice to go to win a title, smash Falkirk and have a long unbeaten run but it was league 1 and that makes it almost impossible for the standard to be any better than ok.

You’re a ray of sunshine you eh? 🤷‍♂️😂 

Jeezo man, if you can’t enjoy those three things as a Pars fan without going ‘it was just league one’ what’s the point of even going? 

• Upvote 3

I get what parsforlife is saying. 

Disgraceful that we were rattling around the third tier again but that 2-0 win over Falkirk was in my top ten nights as a Pars fan. It does have it's good times when we swim in a wee pond.

I remember thinking the second tier was the small pond back in the 90's/00s. How expectations have dropped.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Digs said:

You’re a ray of sunshine you eh? 🤷‍♂️😂 

Jeezo man, if you can’t enjoy those three things as a Pars fan without going ‘it was just league one’ what’s the point of even going? 

I liked those things, and particularly the todd show at the sell out was good fun, but surely you must also balance that with it being it was a low moment to be even playing such a game?  

I ****ing love that winning feeling, but we need to be doing it at a standard that can make us proud, winning at a low level is very hollow.  We can give it laldy to Falkirk fans after the game, but you walk into work and your most likely to be asked,  what league you in?    We can answer that more satisfactory now but still a long way off from being able to stand proud and talk of how we have a good team.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I liked those things, and particularly the todd show at the sell out was good fun, but surely you must also balance that with it being it was a low moment to be even playing such a game?  

I ****ing love that winning feeling, but we need to be doing it at a standard that can make us proud, winning at a low level is very hollow.  We can give it laldy to Falkirk fans after the game, but you walk into work and your most likely to be asked,  what league you in?    We can answer that more satisfactory now but still a long way off from being able to stand proud and talk of how we have a good team.

Aye, but all I said was the ****e times are made better by good times, which those were. That’s it. I never claimed we were where we want to be etc, just that it was enjoyable, and it was.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Digs said:

Aye, but all I said was the ****e times are made better by good times, which those were. That’s it. I never claimed we were where we want to be etc, just that it was enjoyable, and it was.

I would call them OK times.

Good times were when we were winning the 2nd tier, playing in Europe etc. 

If you want to include small moments in relative poor seasons as good then you'll count fletuful wins in relegation seasons, I wouldn't

Edited by parsforlife

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I would call them OK times.

Good times were when we were winning the 2nd tier, playing in Europe etc. 

If you want to include small moments in relative poor seasons as good then you'll count fletuful wins in relegation seasons, I wouldn't

Well I can say is I’m not sure why you support Dunfermline mate because by your definition good times are few and VERY far between. As I said, if you can’t enjoy what we did last season, and wrote it off as expected because it’s a poor league, you’d need to write off most of our achievements as a club because the lower leagues are where we achieved them bar two short periods in the 60’s and 00’s

You’re at it if you maintain that winning a league title by a decent margin with a record number of clean sheets can’t be described as good times. You just sound like you’re being contrary for the sake of it. 

One one hand you’re saying you celebrated the Falkirk win and the league title but they were hollow victories. If they weren’t good times, ie a specific period in time that you enjoyed that is better than any of the ****e times, which was my original point I was making, why did you celebrate them? Make your mind up 😂 

I dare you to tell any of the players or staff that their achievements last year are meaningless because it is a diddy league but let me know when you do because I want to watch that. I’ll bring popcorn. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Digs said:

Well I can say is I’m not sure why you support Dunfermline mate because by your definition good times are few and VERY far between. As I said, if you can’t enjoy what we did last season, and wrote it off as expected because it’s a poor league, you’d need to write off most of our achievements as a club because the lower leagues are where we achieved them bar two short periods in the 60’s and 00’s

You’re at it if you maintain that winning a league title by a decent margin with a record number of clean sheets can’t be described as good times. You just sound like you’re being contrary for the sake of it. 

One one hand you’re saying you celebrated the Falkirk win and the league title but they were hollow victories. If they weren’t good times, ie a specific period in time that you enjoyed that is better than any of the ****e times, which was my original point I was making, why did you celebrate them? Make your mind up 😂 

I dare you to tell any of the players or staff that their achievements last year are meaningless because it is a diddy league but let me know when you do because I want to watch that. I’ll bring popcorn. 

Mon to ****.

small moments are enjoyable in **** times, that doesn’t make them good times. You enjoy them briefly and then reality kicks in, those moments don’t make up for the ****, it’s when we compete and a genuinely good level that we can cheer, we haven’t done that in over a decade.

nothing achieved in league 1 is overall good times, it’s a shame on our club to be at the level.

I agree that good time are rare and worth celebrating.  I just don’t agree that league 1 is worth celebrating long term I’ll say that to anyone, don’t give a ****, players or managers may be happy with their individual performance and I don’t have a problem with that, they were employed to perform at that standard and achieved it but if they want to think that they were involved in a good moment in relative terms to where we should be I’ll laugh in their face, they are part of a very low moment in one of the worst generations of our history(set to be confirmed as joint worst if we don’t go up this year, the outright worst if we don’t go up next year)

Overall I really resent your ‘why do you even support the club’ attitude. That’s ****ed up, to turn it around, why the **** do you support the club if you’re happy to cheer failure?