Pars v Airdrie

It's not been the best of starts to 2024 and being honest I’m not sure if its going to get any better soon. At least this weekend the Pars have a home game and welcome Airdrie to East End Park. Airdrie do seem to be a team on a wee run of form atm overtaking the Pars to earn fourth place, while we have slipped back to sixth. However, Airdrie are the only team the Pars have beaten twice this season with two 2-1 wins, quite frankly Airdrie seem to hate playing the Pars and now see us as their perennial boogey team. Its difficult to know where the Pars are at present, well documented Injuries to virtually a full first team of players has led a drop of form and inconsistency its difficult to even predict who will be available for Saturday. With the transfer window now open will the board back the manager to get a least a couple of players in? Hopefully the Pars will get a lift before Kick-off and while former Par Todorov may score - I think the Pars will have enough to see the game out and continue the hoodoo. 2-1 Pars COYP.  

• Upvote 1

I've never known a season like this one 

If we can survive and stay in the Championship with the squad we have I will be happy

Rushing in to panic buy won't help as it will take as long or longer for the new guys to adjust and settle as maybe our injury recovery

Get the young team on .. they will not let us down ..  COYP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've no idea what sort of team we'll be able to field so not going to make any predictions now. Anything close to a first team, with maybe some new faces 🙏, we could still get a decent result. Let's see what Thursday and Friday bring...

4 hours ago, Digs said:

Let's see what Thursday and Friday bring...

My expectations are sod all, so anything incoming is a lift. 

Got a general feeling that our recruitment process might even be slower than other clubs. We just seem to be behind the past few windows. Could be a wrong impression.

• Upvote 1

The Courier gave a detailed update on some of the injuries but it’s unclear if McCann is still on track to return snd if Otoo might make it. I’m assuming Fisher won’t be ready. The manager is very positive on bringing in a new player for this match, presumably a much needed defender.

This is going to be a big challenge for whatever 11 starts, we know some of these are also carrying minor injuries, but we need a much better performance than Friday. I feel a battling 0-0 would be a good result. The team is really going to need the support to get right behind them.

Positive news on the transfer front although nothing definitive yet. Possible good news about some injured players being available although I suspect there may still be some walking wounded. I'm feeling a wee bit more positive about this game and think we could grab a result. The biggest result will be no more injuries and if there are substitutions it will be for tactical reasons and not because of injury. COYP