Pars v Honest Men

Superally

What a very tight league this is. I think we need 12 teams in the Championship. At this stage we have 6 and maybe 7 teams that are in the relegation zone. All these teams must be nervous and looking over their shoulders. The relegation battle is far more exciting than the promotion one which has gone right off the boil. My view is that the quality of football is reduced.

A well deserved result from the stats. I really wish I could be there. We have a great city and a great support in Dunfermline. We have a team with a great history. We are punching below our weight and our level of potential support is huge. It will only be tapped with performances on the park. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

The ship appears to have been steadied .. Looking the most solid for weeks .. The new guys gelling into the team .. Hammy outstanding yet again .. COYP

He has been outstanding all season and just gets on with the job regardless of where he has to play. A player I really like.

• Upvote 1

That result was a much needed boost on the run in. If we can do the same on Tuesday, then we will be in a strong position. The league is still so tight. Hopefully our game in hand will put us 5 points clear. Fair play to ICT today, the pressure must've been on them to get something. Well done and a decent game, especially first half.

6 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

My optimism was well placed. We started the game like we really needed the win, the second half wasn’t the best for either team but a really important 3 points!

The job was done first half. Expected a 2nd half performance from Ayr, but McPake got his tactics spot on today. Unbeaten in 4 now, so hopefully play the same game v Airdrie.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would have been perfect if Bene had a run out even for the last 5. Great win. Thought the new guys did well and are gelling nicely into the team. Looking at the form League tables and over 4 games we are the form team atm - more of the same please

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Would have been perfect if Bene had a run out even for the last 5. Great win. Thought the new guys did well and are gelling nicely into the team. Looking at the form League tables and over 4 games we are the form team atm - more of the same please

I'm not sure, S'Ally. Bene is well known for his eagerness to return from injury when not fully fit. I'm willing to bet McPake put him on the bench to humour him and had no intention of putting him on unless there was a real emergency. 

I'd imagine Benjamin would have come on before Bene, if one of the back 4 had been injured. They were all solid today (Deniz didn't have a lot to do) but Hammy was immense. He's done brilliantly at centre half and he can't be any taller than 5' 8". 🙂

• Like 1

What a performance! What a difference playing with wide players who can actually attack and take a man on! Moffat was good but tired as not much football, full back 4 and mehmet were solid and didn’t give ayr a sniff. Kane up front just makes such a huge difference as does Matty Todd. His constant running at defenders is something we’ve hugely missed. Get a result on Tuesday and bring on the wee team! Crazy we are now 5 off top 4 and playing much better 

• Upvote 2

I have always thought that with the squad we had we were capable of a playoff position. With players still to come back from Injury we should be even stronger than today. Equally Like @scottyboy I don't think we have any thing to fear heading into the last quarter. We are no where near good enough for promotion but I think we can finish strongly, its all about momentum we can take into the last games. COYP    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2