Last three games of season for £48

The club has put out advertising that fans can buy tickets for the last three home games of the season for £48, working out at £16 per game.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong but this is the type of thing that the wee fat speccy guy used to do to help with "short term cash flow problems".  

It's also a bit of a kick in the pants for season ticket holders as it completely devalues the buying of a season ticket.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

The club has put out advertising that fans can buy tickets for the last three home games of the season for £48, working out at £16 per game.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong but this is the type of thing that the wee fat speccy guy used to do to help with "short term cash flow problems".  

It's also a bit of a kick in the pants for season ticket holders as it completely devalues the buying of a season ticket.

I get what you're saying, but ST holders were happy to buy them this summer so it's no skin off their noses if the club encourages some extra fans to come along for these last crucial matches. It's a bit like buying something full price and then seeing it for less in a sale.

Just have to accept that it doesn't leave you any worse off than you were before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pretty sure we've offered similar deals in the past.  Its a fairly common time for clubs to chase fans at this time of year as they try get their teams over the line in whatever battle they're in. 

It maybe a cashflow thing,  but for me the biggest indicator of that is early season-ticket sales,  especially if they involve some lock-in deal where there's the potential you get to watch the team in a higher league for the same money.  Unless the fans have already gone full to war with the B.O.D its by far the quickest way to bring a large sum of cash into a club quickly, even if it means leaving Peter beaten in a ditch as you beg Paul to take partial payment and you'll cover the rest later.

On ST value, yeah I'll admit by far the biggest reason for me to get one is convivence,  if your wanting pure financial value then it doesn't add up.

It's true that STs do not offer a huge saving at most Scottish clubs. I'm not aware of any that offer massive discounts. I think these may be more significant south of the border. 

I don't follow Italian football too closely now, but I remember that some Serie A clubs offered savings of as much as 40% on STs compared to walk up prices, some 20 years ago. No idea if these still hold true now. I'm sure some of you will know the respective prices in some other European countries.

We have done a three game package around this time for the past two seasons. 

The clubs never going to win, they have to try and get people in. For all we know the third home game could end up meaningless and the crowd drop, but I can see why people are upset. For me the main benefit about a season ticket now is having a guaranteed seat every week.

I don't have a problem with it as a ST holder. I don't buy it for any other reason than it gives the club money up front at the start of the season and it guarantees my seat. 

This is actually the first time in a long time I've not actually missed a game at home anyway, so I don't see it as missing out. I'd rather the club do everything they can to get bums on seats and people through the gate to make as much money as they can.

If you're a fan complaining about losing money to this, then I'd argue you're not that much of a fan, the money is spent. As someone pointed out above, it's no different from buying a a pair of trainers for full price and seeing them go on sale two months later.

Surely the club making as much as they can is the priority? I, and most fans I know, spend a lot of money in the club every season through various other outlets like the club shop and bars and do so with the intention of getting something for their 'donation' but treat it as such. I buy kits and barely wear them, I spend about £25-£40 every home game in Charlie D's/Legends. I could easily not do those things but do so knowing I'm putting money in the coffers and that's why I do it.

• Upvote 3