The Pars v The Jags

I'm no having players getting jeered as they go off. Get that in the ****ing sea.

Really enjoyed that game and the way we earned a point against a good team.

I totally despise Brian Graham.

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 4

Problem is that guys like Wighton and Chalmers want too much time on the ball to be effective. That's why they were good in League one when we dominate games. We need 11 men closing down and doing the dirty side of the game in this league.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 2

Thought Chalmers was Ok . We overhit every cross into the box but the wind was horrendous. My MoM was Otoo again but he wasn’t immune from getting the weight of a pass all wrong due to the conditions. 

• Upvote 2

Otoo’s biggest weakness is his passing from about ten to twenty yards but he can work on that. Just needs to take more care. 

Welsh Hayes my mom.  Very solid and kept a dangerous player quiet. 

good game to watch. A draw probably fair. ? 

• Upvote 2

Happy with the draw and would have taken the point beforehand. However I did think we were the better team so while I'm happy with the point I would have been delighted with three! Still that's a four game undefeated run and we are still the form team over four games. Airdrie next and if we play like that I think we could take the win and close the gap. COYP

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Chalmers was alright. Made some mistakes, but played a number of really good passes too. Sad to hear the more moronic element of EEP jeering him as he went off.

Certainly did more than Moffat who barely put a foot right when he came on.

Ok so when did the game change? When Moffat came on? Agree Moffat didn’t have a good game but he offers something and actually looks like he wants to be involved. Agree that jeering one of our players being subbed is absolutely crap and wants stopping.

for what it’s worth I thought Edward’s had one of his worst games in a pars shirt as well, really poor from him today.

Edited by Boston Red Sox
Not just a pop at Chalmers

I’ll never boo a player at a match. It not as they are wanting to play bad.

But there a good few players that should be moved on so we can start fresh next season. They are just bottom end championship/league 1 level(they would be decent there) Unfortunately some are still on 2 year deals. 

49 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Otoo’s biggest weakness is his passing from about ten to twenty yards but he can work on that. Just needs to take more care. 

Welsh Hayes my mom.  Very solid and kept a dangerous player quiet. 

good game to watch. A draw probably fair. ? 

Good shout Raymie. Though Welsh-Hayes was very good today. He and Kane have been excellent loan signings. Would like to see both next year.

25 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Ok so when did the game change? When Moffat came on? Agree Moffat didn’t have a good game but he offers something and actually looks like he wants to be involved. Agree that jeering one of our players being subbed is absolutely crap and wants stopping.

for what it’s worth I thought Edward’s had one of his worst games in a pars shirt as well, really poor from him today.

The game largely changed once Thistle went ahead.  We finished the 1st half better and started the 2nd quite well too - and Chalmers was grand for the dozen or so minutes he played in 2nd half too.  Gave the ball away once with a speculative long ball but that was about it.

Moffat on the other hand barely put a foot right, although he did try hard.  I don't think that sub swung the momentum, however.

Partick seemed to become happier to defend their lead as the 2nd half went on - and we didn't much look like scoring until Todd hit the post and then we got the penalty shortly after.

The momentum changed again when we scored.  Thistle started looking for a goal again and it was much more end to end.