Airdrie v The Pars

Poor result for me, doesn't sound like we had much fight. 

Need to see the highlights but from what iv heard a few players have again confirmed they aren't good enough and the squads lacking. 

Ah well, looks like that's that for the top 4.

Focus now on a home win next week v QP to guarantee no relegation risk. Or at least don't lose!

All in all, as a promoted side, consolidation is fine IMO. Although, as Airdrie have proved, it can be done.

Hopefully we can strengthen a bit in the summer  have a bit more depth than at the start of this season, and avoid having so many injuries (surely?!).

The season is effectively over. 

I hope the board and the recruitment are using this time to get things in place for next season, and get a jump-start in the other teams in the division. We need to get the recruitment right, and it needs to be allot better.

With United going up there's no big spending side next season, with this season of consolidation behind us we need to be going for the title. **** finishing behind Raith and Falkirk. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Airdrie played well and deserved their win.

2 absolutely awful goals to lose and our subs were absolutely wild, we got worse with every one. you can understand the need to gamble with it being a must win  but there needs to be some cohesion.

Season vertically over, got to learn our lessons from this one and have a better one next year.

Edited by parsforlife

28 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Anyone else still got the fear re 9th?

Ask me again after the Queen's Park game. You'd hope we would have enough to at least avoid defeat there, but I'd we did lose, it puts a lot of pressure on the Inverness game.

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Airdrie played well and deserved their win.

2 absolutely awful goals to lose and our subs we’re absolutely wild, we got worse with every one. you can understand the need to gamble with it being a must win, there needs to be some cohesion.

Season vertically over, got to learn our lessons from this one and have a better one next year.

The half time subs were a total shambles btw 

Ended up with no midfield 

Can't see us losing our last 3 games, probably just make sure Queens Park don't gain any ground on us next week. Top 4 is settled now, they'll probably rotate players to cover themselves for the Play Offs. We did well the last month, as we easily could have went down regarding all the injuries. Like @Grant said, lets be prepared for next season. My own thoughts would be to try and offload a few players and hopefully have a bit more success next time.

IMG_20240413_181711.jpg

Edited by scottyboy

9 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Fair play to Airdrie as well, in their last 10 league games they’re W 7, D 2, L 1 (and they won the Challenge Cup in that time too). Outsiders to win the playoffs?

You wouldn't bet against them. Look at the gap from last season. Looking likely Ross County will need beat though. I hope Dingwall FC stay up.

IMG_20240413_190145.jpg

Interesting that we finished 21 points ahead of them last season -hadn’t realised it was by quite so much. I also saw the average home attendances yesterday, we were second highest and Airdrie were bottom with an average home attendance of about 1800.

They are clearly doing something right, and dont forget they have 5 exPars in their squad. It would be interesting to compare playing budgets but I suspect McCabe is getting a better return per £ spent than we are.