Airdrie v The Pars

If the Pars want a play-off place, Airdrie away is arguably our biggest game of the season and indeed even more so if the Wee Team doesn't "poo the bed" and manage a result on Tuesday night. At the moment the odds heavily favour Airdrie who have a game in hand, are three pts ahead and have seven goals better off in terms of goal difference. Airdrie do have a tough run in and are due to face Raith, Partick, Dundee Utd, Queens Park and of course the Pars. Both teams are currently the form teams in the championship with the Pars having the slight edge with a four game unbeaten run. Over the season the Pars also have the edge with two 2-1 wins and a 2-0 defeat. It’s a tough one to call, but the Pars are hitting the run in with decent form and showed some resilience against a Partick team who seem assured of a play off place. The Pars have done well away from home this season but also need to want to win this more. I think we have enough to edge this game by a single goal. 2-1 Pars COYP.

1 minute ago, scottyboy said:

If we can hit form, we can definitely beat them. If we lose, it's planning for next season I'm afraid. Going 6 points behind would be unsurmountable, with games left. I'm gonna go 1-2 as we have to attack and win.

Raith need to do the biz too.

I'm mainly focussed on us, If airdrie drop points then that's great, but if we have a decent end to season but they do well enough to finish ahead then we can only hold our hands up, say fair play and focus on ensuring next season doesn't result in any long periods of pish poor form that we experienced this year.

I'm gonna congratulate Dundee United as champions just now . Think we might need maximum points in our remaining games. Might as well go for it. Raith guaranteed 2nd now, they'll lose their edge.

IMG_20240409_210510.jpg

Edited by scottyboy