Charlie D's, Entertainment v ICT

33 minutes ago, Legend85 said:

The club not able to offer any reason for it being shut because it looks like that club is losing out on quite a few £ with people moving to the old inn now.

Maybe they’ve done some work on how much having that area open would bring in, accounted for the costs associated and just decided not to bother.  It’s not so easy nowadays to make money in the bar game.  Sometimes it’s simply not worth it, see the amount of pubs etc shutting down across the country. Sad times but if (and that’s the operative word, if) the club have done analysis and deemed it not worthwhile then fair enough?

In all of this, communication continues to seem to be a big problem despite the continued growth in our commercial and non footballing departments.  Why?

13 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Maybe they’ve done some work on how much having that area open would bring in, accounted for the costs associated and just decided not to bother.  It’s not so easy nowadays to make money in the bar game.  Sometimes it’s simply not worth it, see the amount of pubs etc shutting down across the country. Sad times but if (and that’s the operative word, if) the club have done analysis and deemed it not worthwhile then fair enough?

In all of this, communication continues to seem to be a big problem despite the continued growth in our commercial and non footballing departments.  Why?

It's because there's a shortage of 5 hospitality staff for tomorrow's game. I got that straight from 2 people at the club after I contacted a couple of them this morning. They rely on a number of youngsters/students and a lot of them have exams just now. 

Old Inn it is for some Pars fans, money in their tills. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

It's because there's a shortage of 5 hospitality staff for tomorrow's game. I got that straight from 2 people at the club after I contacted a couple of them this morning. They rely on a number of youngsters/students and a lot of them have exams just now. 

Aye, Recruitment has been an ongoing issue in hospitality industry for a while now.  It’s a tough one for irregular event staffing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

It always seems to be staffing for these kind of things. I think we are in a tough position for it too,  can’t offer reliable shifts or many hours, so you’re left in the casual market. But those working in that market are also not offered reliable shifts and need to take the hours they can and they’re not going to choose the pars over an employer who they rely on more

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It always seems to be staffing for these kind of things. I think we are in a tough position for it too,  can’t offer reliable shifts or many hours, so you’re left in the casual market. But those working in that market are also not offered reliable shifts and need to take the hours they can and they’re not going to choose the pars over an employer who they rely on more

It is frustrating for the club.

It is a ****er that it's always Charlie D's that gets hit, but it's probably the least profitable part of hospitality on match days, so you can understand their decision making. 

4 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Does Legends need a rebrand? Freshen it up and start catering to a wider part of the fanbase?

In what way does Legends not cater to any part of the fanbase?

Serious question, I always see people saying they don't like it or don't feel welcome there, and I'm never sure why. It's just a bar, with seats and beer and TV screens. 

• Upvote 2