Supporters Meeting

42 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

That's a weird thing for him to have said - does it imply that we will only really have one decent shot at it so we need to pick our moment to even try? Or that when they think the moment is right they'll splash the cash to maximise the opportunity?

Strange.

It's not a bad way to operate in theory, if you've got Dundee United down do you spend every spare penny you have knowing they've got a much larger turnover, and as well as that are willing to overspend? Or do you spend a decent amount but maybe keep a bit back because next year the league gets weaker? It's not saying you're not trying every year, just that some years you realise you have a better chance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Grant said:

It's not a bad way to operate in theory, if you've got Dundee United down do you spend every spare penny you have knowing they've got a much larger turnover, and as well as that are willing to overspend? Or do you spend a decent amount but maybe keep a bit back because next year the league gets weaker? It's not saying you're not trying every year, just that some years you realise you have a better chance. 

Agreed, but 'roll the dice' just seems like a phrase loaded with connotations of it being now or never. Maybe it's just me :-)

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Agreed, but 'roll the dice' just seems like a phrase loaded with connotations of it being now or never. Maybe it's just me :-)

I get you mate, it's maybe not the best worded, but then again neither was my question last night about it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grant said:

Thanks for this Grant, appreciate the effort, and these are excellent notes.

Some things stick out for me and people can feel free to put me right, as I’m out the country just now so possibly picking up more on mood music than fact some of the time.

is there a feeling of distance between many of the core support and the club?  Could more be done from the likes of Cook to bring this onside?  Reading comments on this and other forums over the last year, there seems to be a niggling, lingering doubt about how he comes across to fans and therefore is causing some alienation?   It’s clear that there is more of a commercial input in some facets of club operation, but a couple of examples from last night just don’t seem to sit right. 

The toilets at the NW were raised as an issue that could be improved, the response came across as quite dismissive to a couple of folk who were there.  Secondly the resale of tickets from the North west for reserved seating for games was mooted, and was completely shut down and termed that it’s not possible.  Well that’s completely untrue, other clubs do have resell platforms in place so fans can resell seats if they can’t go to games, and surely there could be a commercial benefit to the club done this way, if the want was there.

look these are two really wee issues in the whole overall view, i get that. There are indeed bigger issues, recruitment being my big bug bear from this season.  But I’m asking  if the impression that I’m picking up is indeed felt by others, or if I’m wide of the mark. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Secondly the resale of tickets from the North west for reserved seating for games was mooted, and was completely shut down and termed that it’s not possible.  Well that’s completely untrue, other clubs do have resell platforms in place so fans can resell seats if they can’t go to games, and surely there could be a commercial benefit to the club done this way, if the want was there.

If the want was there yes,  but there isn't as if someone can't sit in the NW we have several thousand others we can offer them, all which would be a bigger commercial benefit than a cut of a resell.  Clubs that do have resell platforms often don't make these available until games are nearly sold out due to this. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Thanks for this Grant, appreciate the effort, and these are excellent notes.

Some things stick out for me and people can feel free to put me right, as I’m out the country just now so possibly picking up more on mood music than fact some of the time.

is there a feeling of distance between many of the core support and the club?  Could more be done from the likes of Cook to bring this onside?  Reading comments on this and other forums over the last year, there seems to be a niggling, lingering doubt about how he comes across to fans and therefore is causing some alienation?   It’s clear that there is more of a commercial input in some facets of club operation, but a couple of examples from last night just don’t seem to sit right. 

The toilets at the NW were raised as an issue that could be improved, the response came across as quite dismissive to a couple of folk who were there.  Secondly the resale of tickets from the North west for reserved seating for games was mooted, and was completely shut down and termed that it’s not possible.  Well that’s completely untrue, other clubs do have resell platforms in place so fans can resell seats if they can’t go to games, and surely there could be a commercial benefit to the club done this way, if the want was there.

look these are two really wee issues in the whole overall view, i get that. There are indeed bigger issues, recruitment being my big bug bear from this season.  But I’m asking  if the impression that I’m picking up is indeed felt by others, or if I’m wide of the mark. 

On the resell I've maybe not been fair, David Cook said we couldn't sell because we didn't have a resell platform, he didn't say it was not possible. I didn't get the feeling we were getting a resell platform tbf. 

I didn't get the feeling that toilets were a priority, but maybe they will be now. 

If we were better at football it would go some way to bridging the gap, but at the moment we're not great at football, while posting big losses and repeatedly losing out to our neighbours and rivals who we've always though ourselves bigger than. 

• Upvote 2

I remember the former board saying about how much of a burden maintenance costs were, it's a big facility. It really is about prioritising what is statutory in relation to legislation compliance against a wish list of upgrades. The tannoy system is horrendous, that should really be a necessary improvement. The NW toilets are a disgrace being honest, but it doesn't bother me, and probably high on the clubs priority list. 

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

I remember the former board saying about how much of a burden maintenance costs were, it's a big facility. It really is about prioritising what is statutory in relation to legislation compliance against a wish list of upgrades. The tannoy system is horrendous, that should really be a necessary improvement. The NW toilets are a disgrace being honest, but it doesn't bother me, and probably high on the clubs priority list. 

I thought the tannoy had been replaced? Certainly a lot clearer in the main stand now, maybe that work hasn’t been completed in the rest of the stadium.

Best way to get the toilets replaced is to give that section too Falkirk or rovers for a game, annoyingly we’ve payed for their toilets too be replaced when ours are in need of an upgrade 

4 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

is there a feeling of distance between many of the core support and the club?

Can only speak for myself, but I definitely feel that way  and have for a while, even during 22/23 when we were romping to the league title.  

• Upvote 1

Last year was an incredible improvement on the year before, but as grant suggests,  win and fans naturally feel more connected with the club, don’t and cracks begin to show.

Overall, I don’t think the BoD/de facto owners thought their vision would need much of a sell, they’ve fully bought into it and I think they thought fans automatically would buy in too, that’s not transpired and I think that creates a bit of tension, start winning more and that tension will release and fans will buy into the project.

34 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I thought the tannoy had been replaced? Certainly a lot clearer in the main stand now, maybe that work hasn’t been completed in the rest of the stadium.

Best way to get the toilets replaced is to give that section too Falkirk or rovers for a game, annoyingly we’ve payed for their toilets too be replaced when ours are in need of an upgrade 

Maybe the tannoy had been done, it was terrible for years. Still sounds terrible in the NW.