Mental Pubs

scottyboy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the little I've done in my life I know about mental pubs.

The Greyhound in Oakley. A big guy got a kicking one night. He left the pub threatening how he'd be back to do battle. He come back with a petrol driven chainsaw, he came into the lounge and tried to start the chainsaw.

It wouldn't start ...it didn't have any petrol ....roll on kicking No:2

Got kicked out of Meadowbank stadium for fighting with guys from Falkirk. Simple Minds gig 1988. We ended up in a boozer down in Leith called the Swanny. On the Kareoke with the Hibs casuals. Mental night.

Traders bar in the Barras. We walked in there on St Patricks night going to see SLF at the Barrowlands. Dodgy as f*ck.

For the little I've done in my life I know about mental pubs.

The Greyhound in Oakley. A big guy got a kicking one night. He left the pub threatening how he'd be back to do battle. He come back with a petrol driven chainsaw, he came into the lounge and tried to start the chainsaw.

It wouldn't start ...it didn't have any petrol ....roll on kicking No:2

Got kicked out of Meadowbank stadium for fighting with guys from Falkirk. Simple Minds gig 1988. We ended up in a boozer down in Leith called the Swanny. On the Kareoke with the Hibs casuals. Mental night.

Traders bar in the Barras. We walked in there on St Patricks night going to see SLF at the Barrowlands. Dodgy as f*ck.

Hahahaha. Imagine if the chain saw had started.

Grew up in Brucefield so Joker's doesn't phase me (I probably know the "hard" ****s).  Managed to leave Baird's Bar in Glasgow alive so that's an achievement imo. 

So did I, but the fact I know them is reason enough for me to not ever go back in.

Raffles is mental but in a Phoenix Nights sort of way, rather than a 'only go in if you've got a chib' sort of way.

Grew up in Brucefield so Joker's doesn't phase me (I probably know the "hard" ****s).  Managed to leave Baird's Bar in Glasgow alive so that's an achievement imo. 

So did I, but the fact I know them is reason enough for me to not ever go back in.

Raffles is mental but in a Phoenix Nights sort of way, rather than a 'only go in if you've got a chib' sort of way.

And so do I, but i usually leave it well alone.

There is a pub in Edinburgh I went in, The Fountain I think it was. It had been done up when I went there and was perfectly fine, but apparently it used to be known by the nickname "'nam".

I have heard rumours that during the summer months, due to certain tourists, that  pubs in Royal Deeside can get a bit mental.

image.jpeg

Archived