The Trump Effect

GG Riva

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big scumbag mentalist has not only been making up that he received phone calls saying how great he is, but he's now set up his own propaganda news channel.

He's a truly hideous individual in every single way. The insecurity is staggering; he's genuinely mentally ill and needs help. He also needs to be shot in the ****ing head for being a dangerous, racist, sexist, monumental piece of ****.

So what you are saying is that he sounds like a Celtic supporter.

The big scumbag mentalist has not only been making up that he received phone calls saying how great he is, but he's now set up his own propaganda news channel.

He's a truly hideous individual in every single way. The insecurity is staggering; he's genuinely mentally ill and needs help. He also needs to be shot in the ****ing head for being a dangerous, racist, sexist, monumental piece of ****.

The ways in which he's laying the groundwork for a tyrannical state should be deeply concerning to anyone who values democracy, regardless of partisanship.

Belittling and attempting to limit the media, lying frequently, seemingly with no shame, making pronouncements which seem to take even his advisors by surprise, summarily dismissing his staff to enforce totally loyalty, trying to change the rules of the Senate to suit his agenda, continually appealing to some phantom "Elite" or "Deep State", trying to ban people from entering the country based, de facto, on their religion, and now setting up his own official TV channel to rally his followers without any hope of analysis or dissent.

This is how democracy dies, and the GOP need to step up to the ****ing plate before it goes too far.

One thing about him, is he is generally setting out doing what he campaigned that he would.  If only more politicians were that way inclined?

Its just a shame that he is generally a bell-end.   

Thankfully he's getting nowhere with most of it.

Healthcare reform, dead. The GOP had their shot and they blew it. It won't come up again before next year, when repeal of an increasingly popular system would be suicide in an election year.

The Wall, can't see it ever happening, especially after the 2018 midterms which should hopefully see the Dems regain some control.

Muslim ban, failing at almost every legal stage, despite it already being significantly watered down from his hateful campaign rhetoric.

Imagine a website which was opposed to a government.

Now imagine that government ordered the website's hosts to hand over information including contact info, email and IP addresses and photographs of anyone who had visited the site, whether or not they had actually done anything or were even suspected of anything. 

This is what tyranny looks like.

I think that he's now realised this is job is too big for him, or that hes out of his depth, but is too egotistical to walk away. 

Do his advisors have any influence?  I look at his Twitter feed - not the POTUS one but his Real one - and I wonder if its a parody account?  I cant believe he takes time out to get embroiled in petty arguments and point scoring exercises - do his aides Tweet on his behalf?  Surely someone somewhere realises the tweets in his name make belittle the position he is meant to hold?

I think that he's now realised this is job is too big for him, or that hes out of his depth, but is too egotistical to walk away. 

Do his advisors have any influence?  I look at his Twitter feed - not the POTUS one but his Real one - and I wonder if its a parody account?  I cant believe he takes time out to get embroiled in petty arguments and point scoring exercises - do his aides Tweet on his behalf?  Surely someone somewhere realises the tweets in his name make belittle the position he is meant to hold?

You would think. But it feels like we're in some alternative reality where nothing makes any sense.

By the way, on the "parody account" notion, that's known as Poe's Law - "without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme viewsso obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views"

He was tweeting absolute bollocks about the Nazis in Charlottlesvile. What an abysmal attempt at a human being he is. He even tweeted out some **** urban myth that was debunked years ago. He's got the brain of a child and needs an absolute hiding before being removed from his position ASAP.

Anyone who voted for him should be thoroughly ashamed and is complicit in what happens.

It would be interesting to know whether Trumps fan base is eroding? 

The business of running America seems to be getting overlooked by the sideshow of comings and goings at the West Wing, and the resignations from various advisory panels and committees.

There must be a way to remove him from office?

''The business of running America seems to be getting overlooked by the sideshow of comings and goings at the West Wing, and the resignations from various advisory panels and committees.

There must be a way to remove him from office?''

The Americans have history on this, Vinnie. I believe there have been around 14 attempts to forcibly remove their Presidents from office, of which 4 have been successful. Not that I'm advocating it, but it wouldn't be a total surprise, would it? I couldn't ever see it happening here. Maggie Thatcher ****ed off a lot of people, but nobody AFAIK, attempted a direct assassination, although the Brighton bombing by the IRA did try to take out most of the Tory top brass in 1984.

''The business of running America seems to be getting overlooked by the sideshow of comings and goings at the West Wing, and the resignations from various advisory panels and committees.

There must be a way to remove him from office?''

The Americans have history on this, Vinnie. I believe there have been around 14 attempts to forcibly remove their Presidents from office, of which 4 have been successful. Not that I'm advocating it, but it wouldn't be a total surprise, would it? I couldn't ever see it happening here. Maggie Thatcher ****ed off a lot of people, but nobody AFAIK, attempted a direct assassination, although the Brighton bombing by the IRA did try to take out most of the Tory top brass in 1984.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

This shown he is in a steady decline,

I didn't meant in a sinister assassination way of removing Trump - although come to think of it, that works too.....

I actually meant some kind of vote of no confidence and a change of leadership. 

There are 2 (legal) ways to remove him. Impeachment by the House of Representatives, or use of article 4 (I think) of the 25th amendment of the Constitution.

The latter allows for removing him from office if the VP and a 2/3 majority of the House decide that he is incapable of adequately performing his duties. Normally, it'd be down to physical incapacity (eg if he fell into a coma or whatever), but it's unclear how it could be used on the grounds of erratic behaviour.

Archived