How bad does it need to get?

parsforlife

I said it before, there can only be one candidate for us to appoint once Mr Grant has been relieved of his duties.

I believe this squad has the potential to get us relegated.  They are THAT bad and imbalanced for me.  Whoever comes in to fix this mess needs time and may well not be able to save us from the drop.  Only Petrie has enough good will from the support to be able to do that and get the time to bring us back up stronger and better. 

I understand the whole point about him being part time, but at our level surely this is what we would want to be doing? Appoint up and coming managers who have been successful in lower leagues, proven habit of winning and building a side for consistent progression.  And he’s an ex-Par.

Isnt it so screamingly obvious!? 😂

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rossmcno1 said:

I said it before, there can only be one candidate for us to appoint once Mr Grant has been relieved of his duties.

I believe this squad has the potential to get us relegated.  They are THAT bad and imbalanced for me.  Whoever comes in to fix this mess needs time and may well not be able to save us from the drop.  Only Petrie has enough good will from the support to be able to do that and get the time to bring us back up stronger and better. 

I understand the whole point about him being part time, but at our level surely this is what we would want to be doing? Appoint up and coming managers who have been successful in lower leagues, proven habit of winning and building a side for consistent progression.  And he’s an ex-Par.

Isnt it so screamingly obvious!? 😂

Why would Petrie leave a secure job in the bank and a good part-time side to come to a team that's in a complete mess? He is probably getting a lot more money doing his day job and a wage of Montrose. 

Did he apply for the job in the summer? If he wasnt interested then,he wont be interested now.

6 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Why would Petrie leave a secure job in the bank and a good part-time side to come to a team that's in a complete mess? He is probably getting a lot more money doing his day job and a wage of Montrose. 

Did he apply for the job in the summer? If he wasnt interested then,he wont be interested now.

So I suppose the first part of that can be answered by asking the question of the guy.  Does he want the job?  Why wouldn’t we ask?  And surely we can put together something that is more attractive than his current roles put together.  Hes spoke previously about how much affection he has for the club.  

The other aspect to this of course is around the optics of our boards actions.  We’ve had loads of leaks previously about stuff happening, surely if Petrie had been spoken to and had said no, that’d have leaked pretty rapid.  And seeing as the current incumbent didn’t apply…

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

So I suppose the first part of that can be answered by asking the question of the guy.  Does he want the job?  Why wouldn’t we ask?  And surely we can put together something that is more attractive than his current roles put together.  Hes spoke previously about how much affection he has for the club.  

The other aspect to this of course is around the optics of our boards actions.  We’ve had loads of leaks previously about stuff happening, surely if Petrie had been spoken to and had said no, that’d have leaked pretty rapid.  And seeing as the current incumbent didn’t apply…

If he wanted the job,he surely would have applied for it when it was available in the summer and could have brought in his own players. 

Where would the money come from to offer him an attractive offer? You do realise Grant was offered the job because he was a free agent so we didnt have to agree compensation,cheapest option and was willing to work with Shields and Whittaker. 

Also Petrie's assistaint Ross Campbell, whose father and uncle applied for the job were treated poorly by the board and that might put Stewart and Ross off going for it.

Why would a guy who had been in football all his life and played at a high level want to swap the Montrose job for the Pars job?  That's not even factoring in that he's a club legend.

We've got a poorly performing team at the moment, yes.  The club isn't a mess though.  We've new investment, by all accounts fairly stable new owners who don't do anything knee-jerk and they have long-term plans.  It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that he'd consider it?  He maybe doesn't dream of spending the rest of his days at the bank?

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Why would a guy who had been in football all his life and played at a high level want to swap the Montrose job for the Pars job?  That's not even factoring in that he's a club legend.

We've got a poorly performing team at the moment, yes.  The club isn't a mess though.  We've new investment, by all accounts fairly stable new owners who don't do anything knee-jerk and they have long-term plans.  It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that he'd consider it?  He maybe doesn't dream of spending the rest of his days at the bank?

He maybe enjoys having a stable job in the bank and still being able to being involved in football at Montrose,who he is doing a great job with and wants to stay and get them upto the championship. 

I would argue that the club is in a mess at the moment, the Germans will hopefully bring stability but it's just negativity coming out of the club at the moment and a very unhappy fanbase. 

He maybe does, he maybe doesn't. He used to earn £130k pa in his latter years at the Pars - and that was 20 years ago - and had  testimonial, so maybe he's financially secure. Neither of us has any idea.

All I'm saying is that it's daft to dismiss the possibility that he could be tempted to leave Montrose and take the Pars job.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So I got an email back from the club.

went along the lines off the board don’t want it to be fans vs board and they have no intention of taking the fan base for granted or to alienate the fans.

also the easiest decision is not always the right decision to make, which leads me to believe they don’t have the money to sack him. Read they email a few times and dosent make for great reading tbh.

also planning on doing a supporters council where manager will be present.

We need an old head(John Hughs type) to make sure we are not relegated till the end of the season. Then let’s start fresh with say Petrie.

As for our German friends, what have they actually done apart from puting out the most ridiculous statement a couple of weeks ago?

Are they over here or in Germany and going through RM?