Auld photo of EEP

scottyboy

on the subject of old photos, I was in hospitality for the Montrose game and had time for a five minute chat with Graham Shaw, who was my favourite player when I first started going along regularly as a young laddie in 1972. What a really nice guy. His biggest thrill was scoring the winner for Hearts in the cup final, being a Hearts supporter. Still looking fit and healthy after all these years.

Nigel's Webspace - A&BC Chewing Gum (Scottish) - 1974/75, Footballer (Green  backs)

Of course, he formed a great partnership with Ken Mackie and between them banged in loadsagoals

Nigel's Webspace - A&BC Chewing Gum (Scottish) - 1974/75, Footballer (Green  backs)

Jim "Max" Wallace was another player I admired who possessed a bullet of a left foot shot. I recall seeing a few long range free kicks whistle past the keepers

Denis Nelson and Jim Gillespie provided a lot of the crosses, if I'm not mistaken?

Nigel's Webspace - A&BC Chewing Gum (Scottish) - 1973/74, Footballer (Red  backs)

Nigel's Webspace - A&BC Chewing Gum (Scottish) - 1973/74, Footballer (Red  backs)

Great memories after being relegated the season before

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

I think its too recent a Pic for that 😅

Talking of pics, it was the year John Logie Baird sucessfully transmitted a TV signal for the first time. It was also the year that an evil lady was spawned into the world. GG must be a good age to have witnessed all this. A letter from the King must be in the post. 

Edited by scottyboy
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Talking of pics, it was the year John Logie Baird sucessfully transmitted a TV signal for the first time. It was also the year that an evil lady was spawned into the world. GG must be a good age to have witnessed all this. A letter from the King must be in the post. 

Hehehe Margaret Hilda Roberts (the milk snatcher)

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Raymie said:

on the subject of old photos, I was in hospitality for the Montrose game and had time for a five minute chat with Graham Shaw, who was my favourite player when I first started going along regularly as a young laddie in 1972. What a really nice guy. His biggest thrill was scoring the winner for Hearts in the cup final, being a Hearts supporter. Still looking fit and healthy after all these years.

Of course, he formed a great partnership with Ken Mackie and between them banged in loadsagoals

Jim "Max" Wallace was another player I admired who possessed a bullet of a left foot shot. I recall seeing a few long range free kicks whistle past the keepers

Denis Nelson and Jim Gillespie provided a lot of the crosses, if I'm not mistaken?

Great memories after being relegated the season before

Didn’t we score 97 goals that season , I remember being at games where we beat Brechin(?) 8-0 and someone 7-2( Clyde maybe) and were regularly winning games by 4 or 5 goals.

A great young side which would also have included Kenny Thopmson and maybe Alun Evans?  

Was at that game too. I think we might have out 6/7 past Albion Rovers? I think Evans was a bit later? 

Kenny was the fastest man in Scottish football. They had a race at Meadowbank, I believe and Kenny beat the likes of Arthur Duncan

I played against Arthur Duncan one Thursday night at Easter Road - I was on the bench on the Saturday!!

Here's some I've never seen before. Pity aboot the watermarks on pics, but amazing how EEP looked under construction, with a bit snaw. (at least i think it's snaw) Check the toon end out,  Norrie for the younger ones on here. Oh! anybody know what that shelter looking thing is at the top of the Cowden end?  The other one i believe is against Hearts. Last one, no idea regarding the Coca Cola logo. 

23460534__32013.jpg

20364080__58245.jpg

DUNF-EEP-04-1024x659.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
If anyone says a shelter, i shall report for trolling.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

The League Cup was the Coca Cola Cup from 1994–98 - my bet would be that this was just before that game against Hearts where Allan Moore scored an Extra Time winner

That was my first thought, stadium was in the process of being "Upgraded".

Actually all our games were at home in that campaign. Except the Celtic game.

Edited by Al k
Added about cup games